Mock scrape

mattpatt

Bucks starting to use the mock scrape. This tree has had a scrape under it for the last 3-4 years. I shot the big buck that was using it two years ago when he decided to come check it out during the day. Every fall I start it back up again with some of my pee. This year the buck that’s been using it has started a new scrape on the same tree but a few feet or so to the left of the old one.

101efe6fa4fbff7b8c58c4643b386482.jpg

810e99ce3e3e0111e29921f4bcf9bc50.jpg

3aab789d00fcccf78403c29cd433bcb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I did this yesterday, as I have many times. Sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't. I put a camera on that one, just for entertainment, as I can't hunt that particular spot due to it being next to a fence and road, but it will be fun to see what kind of deer are using it.

I did this yesterday, as I have many times. Sometimes it takes, sometimes it doesn't. I put a camera on that one, just for entertainment, as I can't hunt that particular spot due to it being next to a fence and road, but it will be fun to see what kind of deer are using it.
I keep this one going as I have a stand about 100 yards away. I had my four year old son with me yesterday so I had him tee tee in the scrape to add something different than my blend. He got a big kick out of it and I showed him the camera on the nearby tree and told him that I will let him know when we get a picture of a deer. He's all excited now. I guess anything to get the kiddos out in the woods is a good thing right? Momma still won't let me take him hunting with me saying he's too young and I agree but in a couple years it looks like I'll have a good hunting buddy for sure.

Matt

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I keep this one going as I have a stand about 100 yards away. I had my four year old son with me yesterday so I had him tee tee in the scrape to add something different than my blend. He got a big kick out of it and I showed him the camera on the nearby tree and told him that I will let him know when we get a picture of a deer. He's all excited now. I guess anything to get the kiddos out in the woods is a good thing right? Momma still won't let me take him hunting with me saying he's too young and I agree but in a couple years it looks like I'll have a good hunting buddy for sure.

Matt

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Tell Momma that Jeff from Missouri toted his 4 year old out in a back pack for his first hunt. That was 12 years ago so I guess times are still changing. Love the tee tee story though. Good stuff right there !

LOL.. I started to post a pic the game camera captured of my son with his bare ass pointed toward the camera as he refreshed the scrape the other day but I didn’t know how others would take it. I thought it was funny though.

LOL.. I started to post a pic the game camera captured of my son with his bare ass pointed toward the camera as he refreshed the scrape the other day but I didn’t know how others would take it. I thought it was funny though.

Yeah, I'll be deleting mine ASAP , although from 25' away, probably not a concern.......

Back