Live from the stand - 2023

Exciting morning. I’m watching a fight 150 yds away but still too dark and foggy to see how big they are. Seeing other deer moving already too.

Just got a good look at the bigger deer. Stopped and ate briefly in small food plot 227 yards away before going into NWSGs. Big 8 that would go 140.

Just got a good look at the bigger deer. Stopped and ate briefly in small food plot 227 yards away before going into NWSGs. Big 8 that would go 140.
Wow. You have it going on there Native. The result of all your good work! The number you are seeing makes me wonder if all states need to adopt KY rules. Can you take only one buck a year, or one buck per weapon?

Wow. You have it going on there Native. The result of all your good work! The number you are seeing makes me wonder if all states need to adopt KY rules. Can you take only one buck a year, or one buck per weapon?
Good morning Lak, only one buck a year.

PS - seeing several more deer. Including a pair of beautiful twin fawns. Also saw a pair of fork horns - one shed and the other still in velvet.

Edit - wide racked deer 700 yds away in neighbors beans headed my way.

Last edited:
I’m watching a big mainframe 8 point 225 yards away. He looks just like the deer below but not 100% sure it is him or one similar.

Edit - just got a better look - couldn’t ever see the forks in the brows like this one has so probably a different one.
v1-IMG_0062.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s a pretty buck Native, I don’t think I could pass him up.
We’ve had a couple of deer with bigger racks than him this year, but I’m not getting them on camera right now. He is a pretty nice deer, and I think my son will want to hunt him when he comes home during early muzzleloader season.

We’ve had a couple of deer with bigger racks than him this year, but I’m not getting them on camera right now. He is a pretty nice deer, and I think my son will want to hunt him when he comes home during early muzzleloader season.
He has a LARGE body too ! Your deer are much bigger than ours. What do you think he will weigh on the hoof ?

He has a LARGE body too ! Your deer are much bigger than ours. What do you think he will weigh on the hoof ?

Yes, he is very big. That might be why I'm not seeing the higher scoring deer right now - he may have run them off already. My guess is more than 250 lbs on the hoof. But, we never weigh our deer, so I'm probably not the best judge of weight.

Last edited:
Yes, he is very big. That might be why I'm not seeing the higher scoring deer right now - he may have run them off already. My guess is more than 250 lbs on the hoof. But, we never weigh our deer, so I'm probably not the best judge of weight.
We have to either go way south or north to the Red River to see deer that big. A very large buck here will weigh 175 lb.

We have to either go way south or north to the Red River to see deer that big. A very large buck here will weigh 175 lb.
Good luck on tagging you a big one. I woke up really early this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. You can guess where I am right now - looking out over a foggy and dark landscape. After hunting I may check a few cameras too. This new job of mine called retirement is working out well - although the pay isn’t that great.

Absolutely G - amazing benefits.

I would like to say that I'm retired but as I have said before, I'm still looking for my first job out of University. I will be of age to collect social security in 49 days but will probably have to postpone that with my new gig in the woods, for tax purposes. It seems that you won't have trouble finding something to occupy your time, body, and mind.

G

Back