I sound just like a real Turkey

Looking for dinner in all the wrong places!

I saw the biggest bobcat I’ve seen in person come check out our decoys last week. That was a first for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for dinner in all the wrong places!

I saw the biggest bobcat I’ve seen in person come check out our decoys last week. That was a first for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't remember if I have told this story before on here or not, but:

A few years ago a friend of mine decided to start turkey hunting. He had been a deer hunter all his life but never hunted turkey. He went out and got propped up with a big tree to his back, and started calling. In a few seconds he felt something rip his glasses off his face. A bobcat had come up behind him and reached around the tree. When he jumped up, he was able to shoot the cat.

The doctor told him that the glasses had saved his eyes from being ripped out, because the claws went deep. He lived a few miles south of Lexington, and the story made the news. A bunch of liberals were bad mouthing him on the Internet for shooting the bobcat. PS - He had some trouble at first getting the game warden to believe him, but that turned out okay and was ruled self defense. He mounted the cat. :)

I’ll bet he was glad he was wearing his brown pants !😝 I never came that close but I did have a bobcat get within twenty feet of me once when calling coyotes. They are sneaky ! I didn’t get that one, but thank God for the happy accident that let me be born in a state where we don’t have to defend ourselves for shooting varmints 24/7/365 !

I worry about owls. I Have had a few close calls with talons in the early dim light. No contact though but, too close for comfort. Believe it or not we’re not allowed to shoot coyotes during turkey season around these parts. And the Attorney General may get involved to prosecute if you’re a Republican. LOL.

I worry about owls. I Have had a few close calls with talons in the early dim light. No contact though but, too close for comfort. Believe it or not we’re not allowed to shoot coyotes during turkey season around these parts. And the Attorney General may get involved to prosecute if you’re a Republican. LOL.

You guys up there have to put up with some horrible things politically. I feel for you.

Speaking of owls, check out this hawk.

Hawk 1.jpeg

Last edited:
As you probably already know, owls will pick off poults on the limb at night one by one. Then hawks, and eagles pick them off in the day. I kept track of an entire hatch over a month that were eaten by hawks. This was on a power line. The turkeys became sitting ducks.

I had a bobcat at 25 yards over the weekend. Looked hungry with his tail wagging. MO rules he walked away unharmed. Worried about him jumping on my head the rest of the sit!

Back