Hope You Are Proud of What You've Done

There is a co-op 4 miles from my place and they sell me anything I need and if they don't have it they order it for me. Real good prices and there customer service is awesome. Good old small town folk! They even break down bags for lower quantities. I would be broke if it weren't for being educated by the people on this sight over the years.

Every BOB seed I buy I read the label first. I hate using BOB, but sometimes the ease is tough to beat. I typically stick with clover and/or brassica mixes with BOB to avoid the ryegrass issue. I have found they tend to use the rygrass in mixes that contain cereal grains (mostly oats) - just from what I have seen.

Every BOB seed I buy I read the label first. I hate using BOB, but sometimes the ease is tough to beat. I typically stick with clover and/or brassica mixes with BOB to avoid the ryegrass issue. I have found they tend to use the rygrass in mixes that contain cereal grains (mostly oats) - just from what I have seen.

I have used the Biologic Maximum brassica mix and been happy with it, although it is still pretty expensive, per pound. With that said, clover and brassicas are seed I would simply order and have shipped, if it came to that. They are so small/light that I'd pay to have what I wanted delivered, versus going with a BOB mix. I don't know if any of the seed companies sell a mix of a good white perennial, a good red annual, and a good forage chicory, but I would probably buy that...if I'm ever in a situation where I can't buy them separately.

It's the heavier seed that is too expensive to ship.

There is a co-op 4 miles from my place and they sell me anything I need and if they don't have it they order it for me. Real good prices and there customer service is awesome. Good old small town folk! They even break down bags for lower quantities. I would be broke if it weren't for being educated by the people on this sight over the years.
Which Co-op? I shop the one in Foreston MN. Great people too.

So glad Ernst Seed is 20 minutes from the farm. Whatever seed I buy, the bag is 100% seed, and their prices are super reasonable. The part of the BOB seed tag that really aggravates me is "inert matter." I've seen that as high as 40%. No thanks...

Back