Homemade Box Blind Shooting Rest

mattpatt

I’ve been wanting one of those shooting rests that swivel made by Final Rest for quite a while but never can make myself pull the trigger due to price. I know. We spend money on everything else what’s another couple of hundred, right? Well I decided to see if I could try and make one. Probably not as good but maybe it’s good enough. I used three $15 Harbor Freight tv mounts. You could have probably just used two but I like the range of motion three gives. I disassembled them and only used the arms and one mounting plate. Went to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts and I already had the cheap saddle and ball mount from another project. Total cost right around $50 not including the saddle and ball mount. I hunt from a box blind so this will allow me to have my gun up and ready with full range of movement and keep it there while I set back until something comes in.

1f14ee4ed3d463ecdd79117a9cbd970d.png

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been wanting one of those shooting rests that swivel made by Final Rest for quite a while but never can make myself pull the trigger due to price. I know. We spend money on everything else what’s another couple of hundred, right? Well I decided to see if I could try and make one. Probably not as good but maybe it’s good enough. I used three $15 Harbor Freight tv mounts. You could have probably just used two but I like the range of motion three gives. I disassembled them and only used the arms and one mounting plate. Went to the hardware store for some nuts and bolts and I already had the cheap saddle and ball mount from another project. Total cost right around $50 not including the saddle and ball mount. I hunt from a box blind so this will allow me to have my gun up and ready with full range of movement and keep it there while I set back until something comes in.

1f14ee4ed3d463ecdd79117a9cbd970d.png

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt, you da man; I love innovative stuff like this, homemade things using cheap components that's often stronger and better than the poor selection of name brand overpriced flimsy stuff on the market. Keep it coming!

Back