Hog/Javalina Hunt?

E_308

I have a guy that would like to get into hunting. I may take him up to my place this fall and put him up a tree. He is all up for travel, I was thinking a high opportunity high success hunt would be good. I have hunted hogs before and would like to try javalina. First question is how far south do you have to get to be in good Javalina territory? Second anybody know any good outfitters?

I have gotten addicted to hog hunting on the ground with a bow. It’s an absolute gas. I have 4 hunts lined up this spring. Three on a private club in TX and a new one in LA

Make sure you vet camps thoroughly

My two cents

Spring time is best. The hogs have had a break from being chased by deer hunters

Guns going off cause hogs to go nocturnal fast. Prefer bow only

Evening hunts by far are the best

Make sure you have a large camp that routinely baits and low pressure.

Hog mash seems to work

Couple other thoughts

If you want to recover the hog hit them in the bottom 1/3 of body right behind the leg. They bleed poorly if hit high or back

I took 3 in one group at 15 yards on the ground. If there are little ones a lot of times with the bow they stay in the corn. I let the group pile in and eat a little before drilling one.

Big boars sometimes come in first alone. If this happens you normally get two shots

What time of the year are you thinking about? We have countless javelinas

Not sure. The first time I hog hunted north TX was in March. I kind of like the idea of heading south Jan-Feb '19. Open to suggestions?

I think regarding hogs and/or javelina the time of year is not very important. If you don't find anything satisfactory I might be able to offer something in April { at my ranch in Mexico } . Lots of javelinas which are very easy to hunt and enough hogs to create potential opportunity.I'm gone all of March but April/May have possibilities. As it gets warmer snakes become a consideration.

We can pm if follow up helpful.

You’re in for a ball

I had 3 pass at 4 yards in Jan. Absolute gas. I’d take them with the bow on the ground. The noise and smell will be unforgettable.

C30EF637-8F63-4114-B52E-C9C31816565A.jpeg

NE Texas brute!

e71d45a2a2d5a82252020a1562561022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think regarding hogs and/or javelina the time of year is not very important. If you don't find anything satisfactory I might be able to offer something in April { at my ranch in Mexico } . Lots of javelinas which are very easy to hunt and enough hogs to create potential opportunity.I'm gone all of March but April/May have possibilities. As it gets warmer snakes become a consideration.

We can pm if follow up helpful.

Appreciate the offer but a border crossing may be too much for a first timer (and maybe me!)

Fair Chase Ltd. is a great hog/javelina outfitter. You won't have to cross the border, but you can throw a rock in the Rio Grande. He's located near Eagle Pass. Excellent accomadations and meals, plenty of javies and enough hogs to make it interesting. If you want his phone number, PM me.

Fair Chase Ltd. is a great hog/javelina outfitter. You won't have to cross the border, but you can throw a rock in the Rio Grande. He's located near Eagle Pass. Excellent accomadations and meals, plenty of javies and enough hogs to make it interesting. If you want his phone number, PM me.
Good old Rob Kiebler...

Back