Hate the cams I own. Looking to buy a few new ones

Here's a low-light color photo. I guess there was just enough light that the camera had just switched from IR to color. It would be nice if the image was brighter, but that's easily edited on the computer.
Looks like there was about to be a 3-way spar.
IMG_0188 2.jpg

This is from a screen shot of a camera that was set to take 10 second videos. I can't figure out how to post a video without going thru YouTube or another 3rd party. Can vids be posted like pics...loading straight from the computer and not using a 3rd party like YouTube?
I got some pretty nice videos. I liked this one with the bucks sparing and the turkeys strutting.
That's pretty much the extent of my Strike Force tests (unless I learn how to post videos).
Overall, I guess I'm pretty happy with these cams. They are in the $150 range and take adequate pics, and preform dependably. They don't seem to miss many photos. I assume that a high end camera like a Reconix would take better quality photos, but they just aren't in my budget.
And these are much easier to use than my home-brew which has no battery indicator so yo have to carry a multimeter into the woods. And the home brew needs a pile of batteries and still has much shorter batt life. The HB is also 100% IR so it never takes a color photo and the Sony digital requires a ton of settings. You need to have an instruction sheet to program the thing. Plus it's physical size is 3 times larger than these Browning cams.
I think I'm satisfied.
fullsizeoutput_4adc.jpeg

Pictures from your new cameras look very good Tap. I like the details in the pictures and the distance the cameras are picking them up is super. They look to be winners delivering just what we need for deer monitoring. I have not put mine outside yet. Temps have been from 5 degrees to minus twenty and many plastics don't do so well at extreme cold so I've chosen to wait for more moderate temperatures of ten to thirty which are coming in a week or so. I'm excited to see the new cameras are working well for you. I hope mine show promise as well. I'll post pics when I get them.

Reactions: Tap
I will agree when they take pics brownings take good pictures.my issue with the last 2 I bought was that you never knew when they would take pictures.Put them out for a week and not have a picture then the next week they would work.I called them and they told me I had to use dedicated cards and lithium batteries.So I tried that and 1 works better but the other I don't even put out anymore.My 7 year old moultries work twice as good so I ordered one of the exodus to try

I found that, if I use a good SD card, they take pictures all the time. I can't remember the brand, but there is at least one SD card that they do not work with. I have found that just about any trail cam won't work with this particular brand(if I can find one, I'll let you know what it is). I use SanDisk and PNY SD cards in all the Brownings I have and have had zero issues.

I found that, if I use a good SD card, they take pictures all the time. I can't remember the brand, but there is at least one SD card that they do not work with. I have found that just about any trail cam won't work with this particular brand(if I can find one, I'll let you know what it is). I use SanDisk and PNY SD cards in all the Brownings I have and have had zero issues.
I cleared up a lot of problems when I started formating my SD card on each pull.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had a couple 2015 Strike Force cams have SD card issues. One would say "NO SD CARD," even though there was a card installed. Didn't matter what card. I sent it in last month, and they sent me a 2016 Strike Force (my favorite cam), even though the 2015 cam was out of warranty. The only time I have needed customer service, a win in itself, and it was great.

Got this from friendly UPS driver yesterday. I selected it based on reviews from trailcampro.com. $179 from Cabelas. I'm eager to give it a try, but honestly the other three cams I use do what I need. One is an old Wildgame Innovations, one is a Bushnell low glow aggressor, and one is an $89 Bushnell.
5e6f69a2da196484e5ca4ed0a0346983.jpg
0cefade5dfd56d94c0e9c84f8af80eed.jpg

Rusty

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Got this from friendly UPS driver yesterday. I selected it based on reviews from trailcampro.com. $179 from Cabelas. I'm eager to give it a try, but honestly the other three cams I use do what I need. One is an old Wildgame Innovations, one is a Bushnell low glow aggressor, and one is an $89 Bushnell.
5e6f69a2da196484e5ca4ed0a0346983.jpg
0cefade5dfd56d94c0e9c84f8af80eed.jpg

Rusty

That's the model that I tested in this thread. But I got mine from Trailcampro.com for $159.95 and it included a memory card, free shipping and a 2 year warranty.
Did you get any extras included from Cabelas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a few gift cards for Cabelas, otherwise I would have ordered from Trailcampro. The only thing Cabelas offered was free shipping on orders over $99. Paying sales tax on an internet order is pretty depressing. Another $12, yuk.

Rusty

I am still using a dedicated high speed card with the browning but one of them still fails 2 out of 3 weeks

Been using the same SanDisk card for the last 3 years, 24/7/365. No formatting, just downloading pictures onto my iPad, deleting the pics off the card and sticking it back in the camera. I don't even turn the camera off. I use an 8GB card as much as I can in trail cams. I don't get that many pictures, but sometimes I like to switch to video and it allows me the room for storage if I go 3-4 weeks without checking. The only time that I reformat is if I use the sd card in a different camera(that includes photo cameras and video cameras)

Been using the same SanDisk card for the last 3 years, 24/7/365. No formatting, just downloading pictures onto my iPad, deleting the pics off the card and sticking it back in the camera. I don't even turn the camera off. I use an 8GB card as much as I can in trail cams. I don't get that many pictures, but sometimes I like to switch to video and it allows me the room for storage if I go 3-4 weeks without checking. The only time that I reformat is if I use the sd card in a different camera(that includes photo cameras and video cameras)

Most card issues occur when the card is switched between multiple cameras.

Never really had that issue with photo and video cameras. Might be because my photo and video cameras are both Canon....? The GoPro's take mini sd's so it not to hard to keep them seperate.

I haven't ever had an issue with moultries or bushnells.I pulled card after a week from the browing that usually works and of course.Empty card .I wish browning would fix these.there was talk online about the same issue and they thought it was the battery holder not making contact all the time so they sent me new ones but didn't help.

I was having a similar issue and found out that when I was sliding my card in, I was inadvertently putting it in "lock". It was the angle I was putting it in at. Once I started paying attention, it quit doing it. I did help the situation later by putting a drop of super glue on it.

As far as I know all my cameras say SD card locked on the screen,but I will double check.Its not locked right now anyway.It's a sandisk 16GB ultra plus

Back