Grass ID help?

MarkDarvin

This stuff came roaring into my plot this year after my spring grains planting flooded out. Can anyone ID this?

d92d43f8e266fd97480af8ad919a3c73.jpg

32e7b1be0f27a13094add10b8252539b.jpg

3a5b0ec859be0f0d456d903e3af6ec0f.jpg

245d6bf6699f644d33709c0e9e7b2379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's an infestation! Sorry, I have no help for you, but I bet somebody on here will.
It's not the end of the world. I've had it before, and a single mowing takes care of it for the year it seems. Just when it's that prevalent, I wanna learn more about it.

Mark, you certainly have big hands for a female.

I can't say for certain, but my best guess is Panicum capillare (AKA Witchgrass). It loves the type of conditions you have described. At least you can look up some identifying characteristics on the Internet and compare to what you have - but I think that might be it. Best solution is to mow a few weeks before the seed become viable.

Mark, you certainly have big hands for a female.

I can't say for certain, but my best guess is Panicum capillare (AKA Witchgrass). It loves the type of conditions you have described. At least you can look up some identifying characteristics on the Internet and compare to what you have - but I think that might be it. Best solution is to mow a few weeks before the seed become viable.
You think that's bad, try shoe shopping.

Your suggestion found me a site I hadn't seen. I think you may have nailed it there. The only other look alike I also found was Tufted Hairgrass. Appreciate the help man.

Last edited:
Back