Got a couple of cuttings growing... Do’s and dont’s from here?

Chipdasqrrl

I put a bunch of apple tree cuttings in cups of water a few weeks ago, and I have two survivors up to this point. Both were potted within the past week with rooting hormone.
So... to give these a good chance of survival what should I do from here? What shouldn’t I do?IMG_5748.JPG

Had they formed any roots? My experience with most cuttings from fruits haven’t been good. They’ll start off looking like they’re going to make it then all of a sudden die. The general consensus is that the death occurs when all the available nutrients\energy is used up inside the cutting and since it never formed any roots it finally dies.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Had they formed any roots? My experience with most cuttings from fruits haven’t been good. They’ll start off looking like they’re going to make it then all of a sudden die. The general consensus is that the death occurs when all the available nutrients\energy is used up inside the cutting and since it never formed any roots it finally dies.

Matt

Not sure, don’t really wanna pull on them to find out. The leaves should be creating energy so hopefully they won’t run out

I haven't started from cutting but I started from seeds before. I had them for 3 years before they died suddenly. I was given the suggestion of root grower product.

I keep the soil damp, but not soggy, most all summer and really that and a little root hormone is it.
I'm nowhere near 100%, but I've got several free rootstock that way.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Back