Glyphosate????

I am almost scared at the uniformity of friuts and veggies thes days. Nature does not do it that way. What changed 15 to 20 years ago? Was is it for the good?

Things really started to change in 1993. I noticed the seasons shifted by at least a month. That was the summer of all those floods in the Midwest.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I would take my farm totally organic if I could figure out how. I grow a huge organic garden that contributes a significant portion of our food. We mostly eat venison from the farm as well as other wild critters and fish I bring in. Wife and I have studied health and fitness most of our lives and I was doing 1/2 ironman distance triathlon until 60. Seriously considering training up for another one this fall. Point being quality of our food supply is extremely important to us.

All that said I still use gly on my fields between crop rotations. Here in the deep south I haven't yet learned a way to avoid it as grasses and weeds would take over. I am totally no till. I've long since stopped using synthetic fertilizer. We made the conscious decision years ago to eliminate all GMO's from the farm as well as our diet. Candidly I don't want my critters eating GMO's nor do we. While I do use gly some effort is made to reduce or eliminate the poisons exposure to anything deer eat. An example of this is happening right now. I just drilled my summer crops directly into the winter cover crops which had died. There were some very young grasses and a weeds at ground level. The same day we drilled we sprayed which eliminates competition until new crops shade out weeds. Since I'm not a farmer a few weeds don't bother me.

Its not interesting to me to debate the merits of using poisons or GMO's. Abundant research can be found supporting both positions. I go with my intuition and what fits the lifestyle I choose.

Back