Game cameras that last??

Double L

anyone here using cameras that send pics to your phone that you would recommend? I currently have 16 cameras that consist of Moultrie 880 and 990 cameras. I am done buying their products. I have original 6 units 4 years old still working fine but out of the 12 newer ones I use I have replaced 7 of them and I just got another cellular unit for my 990i and the upload ruined the camera and since it was just out of 1 year warranty I have another junk camera. what have you guys found to be a decent camera. with and without photo linking to your phone since I only have limited places with cell service. I was thinking of switching to cuddellink next year after they were a year of being in service, but not sure of them either. Thanks agian.

Have the same issue. Switched to bushnell now for the short term. When those die, I plan to just get 1 or 2 Reconyx ir other brand of high end camera. Technology is changing so fast in cell cams versus bluetooth cams, it may make sense to wait a few years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have had decent luck with bushnell. The last trophy cam that died last winter was a 2008 model. Just like any tech it is outdated by the time you open the box. Unfortunately we live in a disposable world anymore, nothing is built to last. I figure if I can get 5 years out of a $100 cam I am doing alright.

Edit: Thinking back the Bushnell TC could have been a 2010. Either way pretty good run. The aggressor I have now is closing in on a year this fall.

Last edited:
I have had decent luck with bushnell. The last trophy cam that died last winter was a 2008 model. Just like any tech it is outdated by the time you open the box. Unfortunately we live in a disposable world anymore, nothing is built to last. I figure if I can get 5 years out of a $100 cam I am doing alright.
My Bushnell lasted <1 year before it started taking on moisture. Now it has a host of issues and no longer works.
I cant begin to tell you how many $75 or better cams go belly up after 1 or 2 years. My guess is that competition is so fierce to drive price lower, the cams are made with junk parts.
Im buying cheap Wildgames and just considering 2 years service value added.

My bushnells have averaged 12-18 months (I'm a fan of the aggressors). Older coverts are 30+. Ive had several Brownings with battery drain/connection issues but remain a fan-- most work well. I'd call them 24+month assuming no initial problems. Reconyx has been flawless. I'm at 18 months with an exodous. Seems to be a solid performer.

Going on 3 years with my stealth cams and they work pretty darn good. I have 6 of them. I have 1 bushnell and just bought 2 spycam solars and so far so good on those.

We have been selling a cellular camera from Snyper Hunting Products. They use AT&T service and T-Mobile and the owner is trying to get with Verizon. We tend to sell AT&T cards because that is what has the best cell service locally of the 2 offered. My boss has been using one for a little over a year with no issues and a lease member friend has one also with no issues. Setting it up and renewing cell service is pretty simple. You just go to their website and buy a plan. You'll need the numbers off the bottom of the box and the sim card. I think it makes good daytime pics and exceptional night time ones. He just introduced a new camera earlier in the summer that is supposed to be good also. We were selling them for $229.99. He has an app that lets you store photos on a cloud based system and you can change camera settings without having to go to the camera.

www.snyperhuntingproducts.com

anyone here using cameras that send pics to your phone that you would recommend? I currently have 16 cameras that consist of Moultrie 880 and 990 cameras. I am done buying their products. I have original 6 units 4 years old still working fine but out of the 12 newer ones I use I have replaced 7 of them and I just got another cellular unit for my 990i and the upload ruined the camera and since it was just out of 1 year warranty I have another junk camera. what have you guys found to be a decent camera. with and without photo linking to your phone since I only have limited places with cell service. I was thinking of switching to cuddellink next year after they were a year of being in service, but not sure of them either. Thanks agian.

The 2013 Moultrie 990 was one of the best trail cams ever made. Unfortunately, the 2014's were totally redesigned junk. Not sure if newer ones are any better, I washed my hands of Moultrie after the 2014 junk. I am 100% satisfied with the Browning Strike Force. If you can find them, the 2016 Strike force elite, google BTC5HDE, is hard to beat, except with Reconyx for 5X the money.

I use relatively inexpensive Covert MP8's. I don't have any issues getting 4 years out of them and the few I've had issues with have been replaced no questions asked. The technology improves so fast I don't really plan to use them more than 4 or 5 years before upgrading.

I have one of the original Browning Spec Ops from 2013 and it is still plugging along with no issues. Makes fantastic pictures, day or night, and has a viewing screen so you can see if the camera is aimed at the right spot.

At any given time, I run up to about 24 cameras. Currently I have 4 Bushnell wireless, the oldest will be 3 in February. The newest is a few months old and is Bushnell's 2nd generation model. They've been pretty good cameras, fairly reliable, easy on batteries. I like Bushnell's subscription model, although it would be nice if you could combine cameras. I pay $9.99/month for 1000 thumbnails., per camera... Hi-Rez downloads are extra. My two biggest problems with the Bushnells are trigger speed and consistent cell reception. I also wish they gave you the ability to remotely trigger a picture and immediately download a hi-Rez picture...neither of which you can do. Battery life is good in my opinion.

My remaining cams have been a mixture of Bushnell trophy cams, Moultrie, SpyPoint, and Cuddeback. I started predominantly with Bushnell and experimented with others along the way. My favorite among the non-wireless is Cuddeback by far. I currently have 6 of the E2 Silver series that are on their 2nd year and they have been 100% reliable. They have great trigger speed, take acceptable pictures and video, you can set them up to take video and stills at the same time, easy to program, auto-arming for those times we forget, and miserly on batteries. I just ordered four more, and I'm going to take my remaining Moultrie and Spypoint out of service.

Well I’ve tried the Moultrie and SPYPOINT. And spartan cameras. I’ve been liking the spartan the vest so far.
3367a8a484ba59b54bf88c30fba9e9df.jpg
. Going after this buck n the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just unpacking a new Bushnell trophy cam h2 essential for $100. I've had many different brands, last several years I like Bushnell pretty good, good battery life, last pretty good, fairly easy to program. I wouldn't advise spending a lot of money on a game cam because technology advances so fast on this stuff. But don't spend much less than $100, not worth getting out of the box. Case in point, the $60 one that I got at Sams club last winter.WP_20171101_21_51_37_Pro.jpg

I have a few Covert MP6 cams that are ~4 or 5 years old. I think it really depends on how many months/year you run your cameras and what your local climate is like. I keep some cameras out all year and will be perfectly happy if I get 3-4 years from those cams.

I have a few Covert MP6 cams that are ~4 or 5 years old. I think it really depends on how many months/year you run your cameras and what your local climate is like. I keep some cameras out all year and will be perfectly happy if I get 3-4 years from those cams.
24/7/365, Tennessee heat and what few cold days we have.

Back