Forecasted Freeze tonight - bye bye apples and Pears

Good luck to everyone. It’s 32 right now @ 5:43 AM just before sunrise here in NE Texas. Not sure if the wind is blowing or not. Seems like it has laid. Was able to put a sheet over this year’s crop of Concordia Oaks and I have a DCO and Sawtooth in the mix as well. Also covered up this years batch of chestnut seedlings in my large pots I built from cattle syrup tubs so those should be fine.

Matt Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope everything makes it Matt. These "BlackBerry Winters" are always tough on my veggies in the garden. I had to cover everything a few weeks back but looks like 40 will be my lowest this time.

It was below freezing from 10 pm last night till 20 minutes ago. No wind, clear skies, Heavy Frost and 25 degrees...not very hopeful of the outcome

Looks like I may have lucked out. It didn’t stay below freezing very long. Went out to check on things and there was some ice in my wheelbarrow where water had collected in it but that’s an elevated surface so I “think” I’m okay. The only ones I’m concerned about right now are my sawtooths that I covered with hay (all I had) and they look a little gimpy right now. Maybe they will perk back up during the rest of the day.

I glanced at the big trees and they seemed fine. Probably won’t know extent of damage if any until a few days later to give the leaves time to start turning where they froze.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back