First young hog

AjaDog

Out feeding my German Shepherds this evening about dusk something caught my eye on my back field so I looked and it was wild hogs I saw a medium-sized one two piglets and a big mama I guess he was went into my house and retrieve my 30-30 Marlin snuck out the front door came around behind my dog kennels and there was three piglets not two the mama the South and this medium size one which I figure is a yearling I shot it between the eyes and the exit wound came out behind his front shoulder so I will be having slow cook pork tomorrow for dinner normally I wouldn't shoot this time of year till deer season's over but anyway he's skin out nowIMG_20231209_180232721.jpgIMG_20231209_172310362_HDR.jpgIMG_20231209_172258930.jpg

Out feeding my German Shepherds this evening about dusk something caught my eye on my back field so I looked and it was wild hogs I saw a medium-sized one two piglets and a big mama I guess he was went into my house and retrieve my 30-30 Marlin snuck out the front door came around behind my dog kennels and there was three piglets not two the mama the South and this medium size one which I figure is a yearling I shot it between the eyes and the exit wound came out behind his front shoulder so I will be having slow cook pork tomorrow for dinner normally I wouldn't shoot this time of year till deer season's over but anyway he's skin out nowView attachment 26967View attachment 26968View attachment 26969
Bacon for breakfast!

Nice piggie! I’ve been wanting a piglet to deep fry like a turkey but they dart around like squirrels and can’t keep the crosshairs on em long enough to get a shot. I always end up shooting the sow. Oh well, just doing my part to eradicate.

Nice piggie! I’ve been wanting a piglet to deep fry like a turkey but they dart around like squirrels and can’t keep the crosshairs on em long enough to get a shot. I always end up shooting the sow. Oh well, just doing my part to eradicate.
Oh yeah,I wasn't expecting all this to come in to play yesterday, but damn if they didn't make a deadly mistake, 2 Thanksgivings ago, there were 6 full grown pigs almost in the same area, again my good ole 30-30 I picked the smallest one out, probably a 100yd shot maybe a lil shy, but shot this thing, damn!!! When I got there huge!!!! After fighting to get it up in my Nisson path finder, and to the processing place, 305 lbs, never again would I shoot another one that size, I live alone, and just way to much for me,so I was elated for the yearling,

Back