Favorite ladder stand

Kwood

I'm looking at buying a couple new ladders. Any recommendations? Looking for something that can be sat in for 4-6 hours comfortably and also could attach a shooting rail for gun season.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I don't have a particular brand in mind, but in my opinion, sitting in a two-man stand is much more comfortable than a single. A little more room to move around. I have yet to find a two-man that I think could hold two guys, but I love sitting in one alone. :)

I don't own one but have sat in a Millenium stand. Wow are they comfortable! If comfort is your top priority you really need to try one out. About $225 for a single ladder style. $400 or so for a two-man. They both have rails.

We bought and used 2 of the Rivers Edge Wide 17' SYCT stands last year. They were awesome. Plenty comfortable with lots of seat, foot and leg room. They were east to stand up on too. My son and I are both about 6'4" and we had plenty of room to move around when needed and comfortable enough to sit a long time. Also easy to set up and get locked down before climbing up the first time. We'll be buying another one this year.

I'm looking at buying a couple new ladders. Any recommendations? Looking for something that can be sat in for 4-6 hours comfortably and also could attach a shooting rail for gun season.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum
WalMart has 15' two man ladder stand with seat cushion and padded shooting rail on sale every fall. Got four for $87.00 each, good quality with no missing parts, at an affordable price, no complaints. Added a skirt from Sportsmans Guide for a couple bucks. You need to wait until early fall until they have them in stock.

I agree with the 2-man stands. I like the additional room and I can take one of my kids with me if I so wish. Only single person ladders I like are for archery season - no rail. I use cheap stands...because, well, I'm cheap. I really like getting stands once season closes and they go on sale!

WalMart has 15' two man ladder stand with seat cushion and padded shooting rail on sale every fall. Got four for $87.00 each, good quality with no missing parts, at an affordable price, no complaints. Added a skirt from Sportsmans Guide for a couple bucks. You need to wait until early fall until they have them in stock.
I've got several of these on my property in addition to a few other similarly priced stands, and IMHO these are up near the best of the "budget" stands. Relatively quiet (plastic washers at connection points), roomy, adequate room between seat and rail, equally adequate for bow, crossbow, gun use. If I had one complaint, it would be the height....it would be nice if they were several feet taller. I'm sure there are better ladder stands out there, but these are pretty hard to beat at this price point.

I've got several of these on my property in addition to a few other similarly priced stands, and IMHO these are up near the best of the "budget" stands. Relatively quiet (plastic washers at connection points), roomy, adequate room between seat and rail, equally adequate for bow, crossbow, gun use. If I had one complaint, it would be the height....it would be nice if they were several feet taller. I'm sure there are better ladder stands out there, but these are pretty hard to beat at this price point.
I have added an extra section and extra bracing/ support to one of these stands but like they say on TV "don't try this at home" and don't ask me where I got the extra section, it's inside info, but you can easily make one if you're handy with tools. If you add sections you void the warranty and do so at your own risk.

I've become a fan of the X-Stand ladder stands. I like them for the safety feature of being able to secure them to the tree before climbing to attach main strap. Very comfortable and quiet. If looking at single man stand, buy the 20' Duke over the 17' Onyx. The Onyx has very little platform to stand on when seat is down. You can get the Duke for less than $200 at places like Menards and farm stores that sell them.

This added safety feature trumps the higher cost in my opinion. Be safe and use a lifeline on all your stands!

Millennium or Hawk 21' ladders for the most comfy stands on the market. I like the 21' for dual purpose bow/gun stands. I brush them in the best I can. After a short while the deer pay no attention to the later portion of the stand and if tucked in to the tree with limbs below the platform you can become invisible. We do have some Muddy and River's Edge ladders as well but If I am going to sit a ladder I prefer the Millennium or Hawk if I am going to be hunting them. Typically if I have time to get in a tree I am sitting all day, these stands let you do it.

I have a couple Big Game brand 20' double rail ladder stands. I love them so much I hardly want to hunt any other stands. Comfortable enough to sit all day. I think they were bought out by Muddy but I could be wrong. I bought mine from am outfitter friend. The Hunters Specialties crew always brought them when they filmed prime time bucks. They would leave them every year and the outfitter would sell them for 2/3 of their price even though they were brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back