Earthquake

Btw, my Daughter lives in Tokyo, Niece lives in Seoul, both traching Esl. Think u have stones? Goodluck sleeping there for 3 years....lol look up Timothy Lepage on utube... and check your balls in your purse

Wow, grab your panties please. I have been in socal for 35 years. Whittier, 87?, Northridge?95?, ect. Nobody had earhquake ins here. It rocks your home, bfd!. Irma went right over my Naples condo, bfd. Grow a pair, no big deal. I never think about earthquakes and my Naples 5th floor condo is fully inssured. Who cares? I will be there in 4 weeks, no big deal. Do a satin pantie check, check your eggs and move on. Pathetic

Didn't see anyone expressing fear just the uniqueness of such an event in this area which is rare. Last time I checked all panties were just fine and laying just where I threw them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sconnie - never saw anyone saying anything about fear just as has already been mentioned. Pretty sure I know who you are already and if you have something positive or at least relevant to add to the conversations feel free to participate but if you just need to build yourself up by tearing others down feel free to move on because you won't last here...

Wow. He is back.

The next thing he will do is tell us how big his wife's balls are.

Then he will threaten to sue me for my comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really guys, we get rocked monthly. No big deal. 35 years here and never t
Sconnie - never saw anyone saying anything about fear just as has already been mentioned. Pretty sure I know who you are already and if you have something positive or at least relevant to add to the conversations feel free to participate but if you just need to build yourself up by tearing others down feel free to move on because you won't last here...
agreed. I will say imo the ok. Quakes are strangely tied to increased fracking. Also, when the Marion, il. Fault goes it will be horrible for all the brick/non earthquake code buildings. Again, hurricanes/torbadoes happen every year, quakes? Nbd

Sorry for mx city but 32 years ago to the hour they had an 8.0...building codes changed? Nope. Hurricane Andrew hit Fl in 92 and building codes changed thank god. So welcome to a third world country, 70 miles epicenter from the capitol. Lessens learned? None.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-41332012
The building code changed after a massive earthquake in 1985
The 1985 earthquake claimed more than 10,000 lives, flattened 30,000 buildings and damaged 68,000 more. A year later a new law came in to place, requiring builders and architects to take into account the bad soil below parts of the city and for the authorities to fully supervise and inspect all building processes.

But it is not clear that those new regulations are always followed.

After Tuesday's earthquake, engineering lecturer Christian Malaga-Chuquitaype, from Imperial College London, told the BBC that people in Mexico, as in much of Latin America, tend to build their own homes or do their own renovations, knocking walls through or installing windows and changing the specifications so that they might no longer fit the code to which they were built.

The housing stock is infrequently updated, meaning plenty of buildings in the capital are pre-1985.

I live in a 1.4 m house with no earthquake ins (10% deductible), no big deal. Like i said,grow a pair. Really too funny
You said you're fully insured, then you say you have no earthquake insurance? I admit, I guess I'm easily confused. So should I be fully insured or not bother with earthquake insurance?

You said you're fully insured, then you say you have no earthquake insurance? I admit, I guess I'm easily confused. So should I be fully insured or not bother with earthquake insurance?
I stated the naples condo is insured for hurricane damage,hurricanes will go thru south florida regularly, i know of nobody who has earthquake insurance. 10% deductible and homes here are built to rock and roll with quakes. Brick homes will not handle a solid quake thats why the Marion,il faultline is really bad. The whittier and northridge quakes broke some windows/china, cracked some stucco. The lots are worth way more than the stucco cal home sitting on it. Our wisconsin home was wiped out from a twister in 86'. Barometric pressure dropped so fast, 2 20x80 harvestore silos sucked innand collapsed, our dairy barn exploded with 84 holstiens in stanchions, all dead with barn boards run thru chests, 40x140 pole barn exploded, our 27 foot boston whaler ended up 600 feet east in our ag field.I'll take my quake odds vs twister/hurricane country anyday.

Last edited:
I stated the naples condo is insured for hurricane damage,hurricanes will go thru south florida regularly, i know of nobody who has earthquake insurance. 10% deductible and homes here are built to rock and roll with quakes. Brick homes will not handle a solid quake thats why the Marion,il faultline is really bad. The whittier and northridge quakes broke some windows/china, cracked some stucco. The lots are worth way more than the stucco cal home sitting on it. Our wisconsin home was wiped out from a twister in 86'. I'll take my quake odds vs twister/hurricane country anyday.
Much better...

I was talking about the explanation was actually readable and somewhat understandable that time around.
Wow, i will try to shore up my 8th grade grammar and composition. Internet shortcuts happen, communicate with a gen x who uses this. If i add nothing of value here pleae take my other fork in the tree out anytime.thx

Wow, i will try to shore up my 8th grade grammar and composition. Internet shortcuts happen, communicate with a gen x who uses this. If i add nothing of value here pleae take my other fork in the tree out anytime.thx
Have you ever added anything of value? Have you ever gave habitat advice? The closest thing is your praise of adding Norwegian Spruce as thermal cover for your property.

Everything else is you posting how great you are, and those conceited posts get tiring.

Back