Eagle Seed Fall Smorgasbord

Perry

I have used the eagle seed forage beans and like them but haven't used many of their other food plot mixes. Has anyone had any experience with their broadside or fall smorgasbord mix?

Smorgasbord Fall Blend
Our newest fall blend. Smorgasbord contains Eagle's varieties of protein-packed radishes, rape seed, kale, and collards, along with high tonnage Balansa clover, quick growing berseem, and early spring growing crimson clover. All these ingredients are rounded out by high tonnage oats, wheat, and rye to carry your deer into the next spring and summer. Plant one 50 lb bag per acre.

Wonder what the exact ratio is? The seeds sound good, but at a bag an acre (50# ?) sounds way lighter than LC's seeding rate, for his grain mix.

Wonder what the exact ratio is? The seeds sound good, but at a bag an acre (50# ?) sounds way lighter than LC's seeding rate, for his grain mix.
Didn't Paul keep grains and brassicas seperate? Whereas this is a combination of more seeds? Seems to me the grains in this mix will fill in between brassicas?

Yes, he did. I don't mix them myself, although know some guys that do that believe in it. How if fills in all depends on what the ratios are. Guess I just need to look up a seed tag, but I'm pretty happy mixing my own.

That's what I'm wondering I tried emailing them asking about ratio of the mix and how much it is a bag but I haven't heard back from them.

I do my Real World Plot Topper separate with Real World Harvest Salad. Deadly dozen is great but by doing both separate I know I get the right amount of seed per acre. Deadly Dozen is the mixture of the two. Plus I am doing more acreage than the smaller amounts Deadly Dozen is packaged in. Great products! Had some great stands last fall.

I just planted my food plots. The Broadside Blend contains the following:
Buck Monster Forage Wheat 69%
Big Buck Forage Soybean 20%
Daikon Radish 3%
Purple Top Turnip 3%
Trophy Forage Rape 3%
I'm not sure why is adds up to only 98% but that's what is on the package. It's 50lbs.

Back