Drought and Survival

Got the report from the farm, less than a tenth so far. This summer and fall is gonna suck.

Right there with you…
It’s getting right to your doorstep and turning north so far. Then it’s getting to our doorstep and getting weak. Tough sequence we’re too used to. Hoping this next round headed our way will stick together for a change.

Looks like you’re gonna get a ton more than us again Okie. I’m glad for you, just wondering if it’s ever going to be our turn?

Wonder where we are located on this great big line of rain???? Just to rub it in a little more accuweather has our location with that laughable symbol for the BIG rain that’s falling. Good grief…
63EA72A2-9A11-4C2B-A11E-228A3D1AC0FA.jpeg

We have got 1/2 inch in SC Kansas,Hay won't be a problem for us this year as my SIL that farms is going to start swathing 2200 acres of wheat next week.So alot of milo and beans going in soon.

We have got 1/2 inch in SC Kansas,Hay won't be a problem for us this year as my SIL that farms is going to start swathing 2200 acres of wheat next week.So alot of milo and beans going in soon.
Dodge appears to have gotten some much needed rain. They are now ahead of us, as crazy as that sounds. We are still on a 11 month wait for a 2” rain, a 6 month wait on a 1” rain, and a 4 month wait on a .5” rain. Thought we at least get the half inch wait over with this week, but no.

We got a little over 1” today in less than hour. Looks like more on its way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did it miss you again Okie? Now Kansas, OK is saying less than a half inch total. Are you located close to Kansas? For some reason, I was thinking that’s the closest town to you.

Last edited:
I’m sorry you guys are dry, last year it was our turn. We got a good rain the last two days, put about two feet of water in my pond which hasn’t been full for two years now. My best friend got a bunch of his in the form of hail. His truck was trashed as well as his roof, and even his barbecue grills on his deck. The town he lives in is about 25 miles from me and the hail swath just went N of us about ten miles. It was rough ! Lots of damage to lots of folks. 20230426_170750.jpegResized952023042695170003.jpeg20230426_173823.jpeg20230426_173827.jpeg

When I went to town last night we were at about .5...when I woke up we were at 1.5” and when it stopped we were at 2.1”...much appreciated rain for sure! I went and checked the ponds but it didn’t actually put much in them because all of the rain just soaked in...Kansas Oklahoma is not far from us...

Got our official tally from the farm, .4”. Still waiting for a .5” rain. I honestly can’t remember what a 2” rain looks like Okie. Sigh…….

Got our official tally from the farm, .4”. Still waiting for a .5” rain. I honestly can’t remember what a 2” rain looks like Okie. Sigh…….
You are where we were in 2011/12...it’s very weird because we are not that far from one another. Seems N and W of us are having it the hardest in Oklahoma.

I picked up my buddy in a nearby town this morning and we went to look at our lease and plots. His neighborhood was devastated in the hail storm. Almost every roof needs replacing, every car that was outside, even gutters and siding were damaged. Some lawns were so covered in leaves that the grass couldn’t be seen. I’ve not seen a hail storm like this in my lifetime in East Texas. Tornado watch to the immediate west of us until 8:00 pm tonight. I can do without that !

I picked up my buddy in a nearby town this morning and we went to look at our lease and plots. His neighborhood was devastated in the hail storm. Almost every roof needs replacing, every car that was outside, even gutters and siding were damaged. Some lawns were so covered in leaves that the grass couldn’t be seen. I’ve not seen a hail storm like this in my lifetime in East Texas. Tornado watch to the immediate west of us until 8:00 pm tonight. I can do without that !
That’s horrible! Just south of us a hail storm came through like that last week and a Friend of mine works at a car dealership and all the cars on the lot look just like the photos you posted! Horrendous!

bce3f877e6124581dc52b3d3a0868b81.jpg

Well?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back