CLOVER IS KING FOR ME

Turkeys love the king here too. Always add some rye grain or wheat that dies out by july, leaving lush clover for fall.
15afccad692d9cf26b16c6a4d2d0953c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Spring seeded clover and oats for turkey's, after the oats mature the newly hatched young turkeys are bulking up on ripe oat heads. I credit this clover and oats combination easy food source for higher young turkey survival rates.

Yes - i pay about $7 lb for durana and a little over $4 for coop ladino - i think it is well worth $3 more per lb - $25 more per acre over five years is pretty cheap.
Does Durana seem more desirable to deer than traditional ladino or is the value in its longevity?

You just need to try them and see what works for you. We've done both the Poudre Valley Durana (bulk New Zealand white clover) and the Pennington Durana and were not impressed with either. Also have tried arrowleaf....not impressed.

This year, we went with Louisiana S-1 and Kenland Red. It's blowing up right now....we'll see how it handles the summer heat.

You just need to try them and see what works for you. We've done both the Poudre Valley Durana (bulk New Zealand white clover) and the Pennington Durana and were not impressed with either. Also have tried arrowleaf....not impressed.

This year, we went with Louisiana S-1 and Kenland Red. It's blowing up right now....we'll see how it handles the summer heat.
I’m very new to food plotting and loving every minute of it. Clover wise I planted white tail Institute’s clover last fall and it’s doing great so far. I’ve also planted medium red clover but it was frost seeded a few weeks ago so the jury is still out. I have a 50# bag of crimson clover. I may dabble with it this spring in a spot knowing the heat will get it but it’s more of an experiment to see if it is a preferred clover in my area

Is it really crimson clover if the flower is white??? Hmmmm.
I thought the same thing. Hancock Seed sells it and the word on the street is "is that it is more tasty to the deer because it doesn't have the red color which has more tannins or something along those lines"

Always showing off Native. Very nice.
But anyone can grow it in the summer. I’ll see your barn and raise you a bow. Lol
And yes give me clover over anything. So cheap and easy and hard to beat the benefits.
cc849375b4d4e67744db25ad97992dc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lookin good my friend. Don't lay that bow down and lose it....

Back