Cedar lined closet, ozone closet, or both

Bullwinkle

Workmg on improving camp

Thinking of a cedar lined closet for all my hunting gear and and ozone polishing closet for the day before cloths

Any issue building an ozone closet inside your house? Does it corrode electrical equipment? I know you don’t want rubber in there

I have had a good bit of success with putting an ozone generator in a small room that I use for my hunting gear. It is 10x12. I'm sure a small closet lined with cedar would be even better. The past two years I'll run the ozone machine after I get out of my hunting clothes or set a timer for it to go off 30 minutes before I go out and get ready. Couple that with with a cover scent/deer attractant called 33pt buck scent made by Vapor Trails and I've been closer to more deer and haven't been busted in the last two years. Just from experience it works

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You wouldn’t line your ozone closet with cedar??

I’m thinking of 2 closets. One for bow, boots and equipment and one for Ozonics cloths before I go out

Am I thinking right?

I would. It could only help more. I'm pleased with the results I get with having a semi air tight room. I believe in ozone.

I don’t see what advantage the cedar will give you. I run an ozone machine in a plywood closet I keep in garage. Unless u like the look of cedar, I don’t see any other advantage

If it does I'm in trouble. Mine is plugged into a standard electrical outlet inside a small room inside a building. As for the cedar I know it helps keeping the bugs out of your clothing.

Pine - which ozone machine did you buy? I take it O3 should rise, just put it in the center on the floor of the closet?

Thanks for your help

Pine - which ozone machine did you buy? I take it O3 should rise, just put it in the center on the floor of the closet?

Thanks for your help
The room I have it in has a ceiling fan I keep on to help dry out my sweat on my clothes and to keep air circulating. I really think air movement helps. I have it sitting on the wire shelves I hang my clothes from. I also keep my boots, guns, bows, you name it in the same room and haven't seen any side effects (other than my bow limbs cracking last season but it wasn't due to ozone). I set my timer for 80 minutes and set my wall timer to turn off at 60 minutes. I'll run it for an hour after I get out of the woods with my ceiling fan on high to help dry out the clothes. Then the wall timer will turn it back on for the remaining 20 minutes about 30 minutes before I get up and get dressed to go hunting to give it a fresh dose. The ozone will kill (or gives it something to attach to.....I don't know it's just magic) any scent making bacteria. For all of the nay sayers this is what I do. Is it correct? Probably not. This is the ozone generator I use. It can be found on Amazon for less than $80
ffa469841cb5340cd0deeb11ca0e0b41.jpg

Back