Brassica bust..Trying grain mix. Opinions

Crimson850

Due to no rain, brassicas didn't grow. So I'm going to try this on 2-1 acre food plots
1.5 bushel of winter rye, 1.5 bushel of wheat, and 1.5 of oats. and throw a little rape and turnip in also

Any opinions on this? I had originally thought of doing just 1 bag of each, but this may not be enough? Not sure and would like to hear opinions, I've already bought the stuff so this is what I'm using. It finally started raining here so everything will be planted october 1st...not idea but better than bare dirt!

So is that the total you are going to use on 2 acres or is that the total for each acre?

Bushel of wheat is 60# rye is 56# and oats is 32#? Is that correct?

If my numbers are correct and you mix it all together and spread it over 2 acres then I think you golden!

todd

So is that the total you are going to use on 2 acres or is that the total for each acre?

If my numbers are correct and you mix it all together and spread it over 2 acres then I think you golden!

todd

Your right. Should I do 1.5 bushels of each, per acre, or is that too much??

And def throw in RC. It will start and next spring rye , clover and maybe oats make for good summer crop. Rye will die off mid summer then you can till or no till fall crop, or just allow stay another year. I just posted pic of such I did same about 10 days ago over my brassica.. Don't want to be too heavy, rather be light since brassica can still make a run if we have a mild fall. Drought is reason to have plenty of natural browse available in the woods. Good luck.

todd
That was per acre.

Back