BP - Property Tour

They are major travel areas. They bed all around them, browse around them, play on them, fight on them, etc. The big salt flat separates the main sanctuary from the main feeding area.

The funniest thing I ever saw out there was a group of 5 deer having a standoff with 3 otters. Both groups were terrified of the other.

Later in the year I can hear big ducks out in the marsh quacking their heads off. Sometimes tailing redfish swim 30 yards from my climber stand.

Really cool spot.

I planted and tubed this sawtooth 5 years ago. This is what happens to the tubes as the trees grow:

I love these SC threads simply because it's where I'm from. I really need to get a thread going myself but I really don't have anything like you guys. So many of you have many more acres and your land is so beautiful. I learn so much from all of you. Thanks for posting!

I love these SC threads simply because it's where I'm from. I really need to get a thread going myself but I really don't have anything like you guys. So many of you have many more acres and your land is so beautiful. I learn so much from all of you. Thanks for posting!
Don't worry about it being like anyone else. Focus on what you place needs and do it to the best of your ability.

Time to cage that tree but its nice to see they hold up to years outside!

The far salt flat rarely floods. In fact, I'm not positive if I've ever seen it flood. I THINK I can remember it flooding once.

The big salt flat floods to some degree with every high tide, but the depth of the water varies greatly. Sometimes the water is only high enough to give the ground a glossy sheen, and other times the deer walk through 2 feet of water. The highest the water ever gets is when there is a full moon, northeast wind, and/or King Tide.

How about during hurricanes?

G

I don't want to know what it looks like right now. We got 11+ of rain plus the storm surge. Not going to be pretty...

Great looking place cutman! Hope all the rain didn't do too much damage. Post up some post storm pics when you can.

Luckily the storm surge hit at low tide. I'm out at one property today that did ok. Tons of huge oaks are down but the house is ok, as are the equipment sheds. My cow pea plot is a foot under water.

Will check out BP tomorrow.

Very cool place cutman. Palm tree deer stands and salt water marshes just are not something I have ever seen or experienced before. That is what makes these threads so cool is being able to see all these different habitat and see how the deer use them.

the kids loved a vacation to Murrells Inlet (south of Myrtle Beach area) last summer with my folks. They asked me if we could move there. They didn't realize that daddy doesn't have that sort of money (I would have to sell the entire farm and a few organs to afford the place we stayed at)......we came back home to the low rent district of Indiana, and I kept my kidneys!

Well I'm pretty pleased with how the place looks. The driveway is open all the way down to the dock, no major trees down, and all sheds are still standing.

My pear trees look like they had a rough day:

65bfccde689996691b1302050d6b44c6.jpg

And my palmetto stand has seen better times:

149d20ddc53556531b6f45f3ea7ce5d5.jpg

But those things can be fixed.

The "standing" corn most likely won't stand back up:

629882e9a9f4b897db32c6ea54d20b8c.jpg

This food plot (from time lapse video fame) looks like it will survive:

fc089e4eea5dcfecd441291c75ddb87d.jpg

The dock is still attached:

438b51bd808c50921372e11d9828f80f.jpg

Lots of debris in random places, which makes me think either a wall of salt water moved through or the rain fall flooded the low spots then the wind pushed it:

9c7e44d441d9a29164ffb08a7e8d9e7e.jpg

There are fresh scrapes everywhere and the weather is cool and beautiful, so I'm going to hop in the deer stand for the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Looks like Mathew didn't beat you up too badly. The corn however......well lets just say there is always next year!

Made it down to the end of the property where the house is. The structure appears fine, but a lot of water clearly flowed under the house (it's on stilts).

Found the propane tank in the marsh:

5152947b44b737aefe5c3f980d65f39c.jpg

Composting toilet was also in the marsh:

d64c49228dd2b7597e4cef73ead5b5c3.jpg

The forest floor is covered with marsh debris:

0b22b9cb31ee83725cd4e7fc4ad412b0.jpg

Could've been lots worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Glad things weren't any worse, but I'm sure quite aggravating for you. Nature really is in an uproar these days with mixture of flood and drought. Always love the different look of your landscape, I think I would be confused as to how to hunt that land. Good stuff.

Everything is coming along fine. After nearly 2 months of no rain after the hurricane, we have gotten a good bit in the last 10 days. No till drill allowed me to take advantage of the hurricane moisture so plots look surprisingly good. Will update tomorrow after my day out there.

On a different note, had a fun adventure last weekend. Owner of the property had engine trouble with his plane and had to land on a sandbar out by the ocean. I rounded up some local boys and the recovery mission was a success!

Back