Bowhunting from rednecks

Bullwinkle

Has anyone done it? My question is

Can you sit with the windows shut and get the window open to shoot when the deer arrive

Its on a food plot so I'd have plenty of time. Interested if the movement and maybe reflection from window would make it tough

Has anyone done it? My question is

Can you sit with the windows shut and get the window open to shoot when the deer arrive

Its on a food plot so I'd have plenty of time. Interested if the movement and maybe reflection from window would make it tough

Yes, most of the time. Make sure they dont squeak. I can usually get down out of my box stand without running off the deer in the food plot.

We hunt out of a redneck for our best bow hunting spot. Even with blacked windows, I would not be inclined to open windows after deer arrive. Most deer come in at 10, 25 or 45 yds in this 1.5 acre plot. It's just too close for our set up. While we've never been busted by deer with already open window, the turkeys have busted us with even the slightest of movement. Turkeys didn't spook--just moved away. I wouldn't hunt a redneck I hadn't blackened the Windows. I learned that the first year we hunted out of them.

It worked great

Opened one window and stuck the ozonics out of it

Kept the rest with the curtains down

Easily could open the windows with deer close

Lots of work hunting like that always having to push the curtains up to check for deer

Very effective.

Bull,
I use landscaping fabric velcroed to windows. Except in low light, you can see through the fine mesh. I wouldn't dare open a window with deer close by. They'd see the movement.

I have those curtains too. Work great

I had 20 deer in fields. Closest 30 yards and was able to easily open windows without being seen. I had deer as close as 10 yards without a problem but didn't try opening a window

The key I think was having only one open at a time. Kept scent in. One time I opened two and the wind whistled through and overcame my ozonics. One doe started stamping but I got the window shut and no biggy

Back