Australian Winter Peas ratio

Buckeye

How many pounds per acre of Australian Winter Peas should I mix with Buck forage oats. Will also throw in some red and white clovers.

My scientific:D ratio last year was one bag split between three plots that each took one bag of wheat. I'm sure someone can 'splain better than that, but it actually worked out well. Good luck !

How many pounds per acre of Australian Winter Peas should I mix with Buck forage oats. Will also throw in some red and white clovers.
My deer love those. And they can sometimes overwinter. And they are overpriced. But I like them and plant heavy in mixes at 100#/ac w 100# oats which will die w freeze + 50# WR or WW and 8# of RC. I plant Labor Day

We did a mow, spray, broadcast and roll in a total of 4 plots with about 3 acres- I did 250lbs of rye, 150lbs of oats, 50lbs of AWP, 50lbs for forage peas and 25lbs of 4 different kinds of clover. So far the plots are green and looking good. The peas are getting snatched up pretty quick by the deer and turkeys.

Just to clarify, they are "Austrian" winter peas, not Australian. Australia barely has any winter!

As part of a mix 15 to 20 pounds per acre is about right. If you have decent deer numbers and/or limited acreage planted, don't be surprised if they wipe em out pretty fast. They are like the free samples to get deer hooked on your food plots!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I've planted AWP with wheat, oats and clover for the past few years but I'm thinking about giving up on them this year - its probably a function of my plot size, but the deer don't let them get more than a couple of inches out of the ground before wiping them out.

Just to clarify, they are "Austrian" winter peas, not Australian. Australia barely has any winter!

As part of a mix 15 to 20 pounds per acre is about right. If you have decent deer numbers and/or limited acreage planted, don't be surprised if they wipe em out pretty fast. They are like the free samples to get deer hooked on your food plots!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Hadn't you heard?? Austria outsourced the peas and rights to Australia where they use Aborigines to bag each bean individually at $1.25/day. Profit margins for investors is thru the roof and the green lovers are happy to be helping the impoverished.

Hadn't you heard?? Austria outsourced the peas and rights to Australia where they use Aborigines to bag each bean individually at $1.25/day. Profit margins for investors is thru the roof and the green lovers are happy to be helping the impoverished.
You are saying they moved the pea factory where they manufacture these peas? This could lead to a pee shortage?

Back