An ATV Roller-Crimper

Semisane

Y_zpszynrm9pk.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
That is impressive on multiple fronts. The design and build for one and the presentation of the design and build here. Nice work!

Do you use this in place of a cultipacker or in addition to a cultipacker ? What is it's primary use ? I already have a nice roller for my tractor, but I don't use it much as it's hard to get the plot smooth enough for it to make even contact with the ground. Nice work BTW !

I guess I should add that my roller is home made but it would be easy for me to weld on the angle and add transport wheels.

Are you happy with the placement of your crimper bars? Any thought to placing the angle iron with the 90 as the high point? Or using something like rebar?

I'm well satisfied with the set up Matt, though I suspect placing the angle with the 90 at the high point would work just as well. I never even thought about using rebar. I see no reason that wouldn't work also.

Have a question from the very front end of your project.

Seems like would be some danger in cutting a sealed oxygen tank (similar to a propane tank).

If so, how did you deal with that?

Thanks!

Have a question from the very front end of your project.

Seems like would be some danger in cutting a sealed oxygen tank (similar to a propane tank).

If so, how did you deal with that?

Thanks!
That's pretty simple. Unscrew the valve on top ,purge with water.Same with propane tanks.

Back