Adding 2, 4-d to Gly for burndown

Put 64oz AMS in first, then 16oz crop oil in 25 gallon water per acre, then the Roundup and 24-D. I'd use 44 oz roundup and 16oz 24-D per acre, if you really want a total burn down. On shorter weeds and crops in ideal conditions, you can go half of this mix.
Thanks. I'll try it small scale to see if I get a good result. And yes it was a mess and a day I'd rather forget.

Put 64oz AMS in first, then 16oz crop oil in 25 gallon water per acre, then the Roundup and 24-D. I'd use 44 oz roundup and 16oz 24-D per acre, if you really want a total burn down. On shorter weeds and crops in ideal conditions, you can go half of this mix.

Pretty much like this, but I put about 10 gal of water, then put my Rup in, then another 5-7 gal of water, then the 2-4D and fill it up. That ensures that it all gets mixed by the water coming in. Never ended up with jelly

I had some mare's tail that I burned down with TSC gly and Butyrac. I can't remember what the ratio was but I do know I added the Butyrac when the tank was half filled up. All I got was some white residue that came out with a nozzle spraying water inside the tank. I don't think it hurt my pump, I've used it a couple times since then. It did a fine job on the mare's tail though !:)

I had some mare's tail that I burned down with TSC gly and Butyrac. I can't remember what the ratio was but I do know I added the Butyrac when the tank was half filled up. All I got was some white residue that came out with a nozzle spraying water inside the tank. I don't think it hurt my pump, I've used it a couple times since then. It did a fine job on the mare's tail though !:)
Mixing any two different chemicals together is potentially dangerous, such as mixing bleach and vinegar creates poisonous chlorine gas. You should do a sample test before doing an entire tank mix. And even if they don't visually react to each other and you decide to do a tank mix, make sure you never breath fumes or allow any to contact your skin. Respirator required at bare minimum, and a tyvek suit is a good idea. This stuff is all designed to kill living cells and is highly poisonous to most species if the levels are high enough. An ounce of prevention...

Back