A happy place moment...

Triple C

Every now and then you have those moments when life slows to a crawl and all is right with the world. Had one of those moments sitting on the front porch of the cabin Memorial Day morning. The tropical storm in the gulf pushed a steady rain out of the east. Not a heavy rain but more of a heavy misty rain. The Mrs. and grand daughter were still sleeping when I went out on the porch with a cup of coffee about 6:45 a.m. Sat for a while and listened to the rain spattering lightly on the metal roof. Thanked the good Lord for our veterans that sacrificed all for us to enjoy our freedom. Thought of my dad who was at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1942. And gave thanks for more blessings than I deserve.
View from porch.jpg

Times like those are rare...kudos to your dad!

I placed flowers on my dads grave yesterday...miss him...

Thanks for reminder.... I was too busy trying to get corn/beans in to do much blessing counting.

Thx for the comments guys. We all have our happy place. Always feel a little melancholy on the morning I leave the farm and head back to the masses and busyness of the burbs of Atlanta.

Thx for the comments guys. We all have our happy place. Always feel a little melancholy on the morning I leave the farm and head back to the masses and busyness of the burbs of Atlanta.

I couldn't agree more. I always feel like I'm truly living out in the country and merely existing when I return to the rat race.

Back