2016-17 Hunting Season

FL Forester

For those of you that just have the itch to get back after the deer, archery season starts in South Florida this weekend. Just put your favorite seasonings on your arrow and when you find your deer it will be ready to eat.

For those of you that just have the itch to get back after the deer, archery season starts in South Florida this weekend. Just put your favorite seasonings on your arrow and when you find your deer it will be ready to eat.
Wow - that is an early opener! I hate sitting in a tree here on October first because of the heat. I can't imagine hunting in Aug and in the deep south to boot! You boys have shooting houses with A/C?!?!?!? Good lord, shoot it, skin it, cut off a piece and toss it out on the black top and make you a meal for the road!

It is interesting to see the rut dates in this state. They range from August to February. Archery season where I hunt doesn't start until late October.

Thats gotta be one of the earliest, if not the earliest, big game opening date of the year.

Back