Would you shoot or hope for next year…...

Looks 4 [ at least ] to me. Whether you shoot him or not doesn't make any difference . Frankly I think he is what he is. not the type frame to likely make a big jump so I wouldn't keep him expecting him to get bigger and certainly not for any genetic contribution. If you have someone that likes him...question answered.

I would most likely take him! He is a nice looking deer. However, if you let him walk who knows what he could be next year. I guess it just comes down to whether or not you have other deer to hunt.

Depends on my mood at the moment. I would probably try to hunt other properties so I wouldn't be tempted (my natural tendency is to let him go another yr), but if he walked by and I let an arrow go I wouldn't be the least bit unhappy.

How many acres is ur place ?
What shooting criteria is used by ur contiguous neighbors ?
I'd shoot him this year with 1 of my Xbows.

In northern MN, that deer would have been dead at 6 months. Looking like that now, it'd likely get rained upon with hail mary shots and die undiscovered deep in the bush from a slow bleed.

Yeah, I'm one of those cranky MN guys.

Give me your opinion on this guy. What's your guess for age? He isn't gonna score much at all in my eyes but what y'all thinking?
[West Central Kentucky]
My decision is easily based due to another buck that is frequenting the farm, As much as I want to see him in person, I really hope he stays a home body and doesn't go wondering off. I like them wide and long beams he fits that….

Looks like a four year old to me. If I got a good opportunity, I would take him.

Back