20 Allegehney Chinquapin
25 Hazelnuts
Plus a few mixed oaks: Morse #5, Post, Nuttall, and DCO's
Berries:
10 Black Chokeberries
10 Downey Serviceberries
10 Nannyberries
10 Mulberry

20+ Persimmon seedlings I grew last year.
10 American Plums
10 White Pines

This is all that come to mind, but I'm sure, I'll get another order of trees that I dont remember, until they have arrived. :confused:

Last edited:
I am not planting much on my farm this year as we are thankfully working right now to open new ground and expand some existing food plots and orchard areas, so I will be planting extra next season.

I am however taking care of an entire backyard nursery that has various persimmon, mulberry, blackberry, multiple oak species, multiple pear varieties, crabapples, and thornless honeylocust that is getting prepped for future planting. Plenty of sprouting and grafting to do this spring.

Still have to get out and measure before ordering, but probably something like this:
30 white oaks
30 Bur oaks
30 Swamp White oaks
30 Chinkapin oaks

So much more I want to plant but I don’t want to bite off more than I can chew... Here’s what else I wish I could plant this spring, and that are hopefully going to be planted in the next few years:
100 Chinese chestnuts
10 American chestnuts
50 various apple/pear trees
50 spruce trees for screening
50 Northern red oaks

I can dream, right? This biggest problem I face is creating room to fit all of this...

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

I'm outta space and frustrated with what I have been attempting to grow so probably replace some pears once again, add another dolgo crab and replace a few bad oaks with heritage oaks.

2 or 3, (or more) of each:

Fruit, Apples:

Dolgo
Wickson
Priscilla
Blacklimbertwig
Yates
Liberty
Deer Magnet and Morris Burton Persimmon
Pears
Kieffer
Nuts:
DCO's
Chinese Chestnut
Sawtook Oak
Regal Prince Oak

When in Kentucky, do as the "Native" does...;)

96 trees coming,
apple
Persimmons
Pear
Chestnut
This will be my first attempt at planting trees other than one apple two years ago which is still doing ok. I just now got enough space to plant trees. Planning on more space for more soon

96 trees coming,
apple
Persimmons
Pear
Chestnut
This will be my first attempt at planting trees other than one apple two years ago which is still doing ok. I just now got enough space to plant trees. Planning on more space for more soon
96 trees is a heck of a first project, you got the stuff you need to cage and tube all of those trees?

I put in:
19 American Persimmon
15 Chickasaw Plum
6 Apples (Keener, King David, Black Ben, Hewes Crab)
9 Assorted Oaks (prime oak ground is off limits to my planting right now).

well I have been pondering on what to do for the cageing. I plan on tubing all of them for the little critters and then a line or two of electric fence for the bears. "Failure is not an option" LOL

Fruit, Apples:
Hooples Antique Gold
Hunt Russet
Kidd's Orange Red
Mendocino Cox
Newtown Pippin
Roxbury Russet
Mattamuskeet
Pears
Blake's Pride
Dutchess D'Angouleme
Louise Bonne De Jersey
White Doyenne
Winter Nelis
Beurre Superfin
Nuts:
20 Allegehney Chinquapin
25 Hazelnuts
Plus a few mixed oaks: Morse #5, Post, Nuttall, and DCO's
Berries:
10 Black Chokeberries
10 Downey Serviceberries
10 Nannyberries
10 Mulberry

20+ Persimmon seedlings I grew last year.
10 American Plums
10 White Pines

This is all that come to mind, but I'm sure, I'll get another order of trees that I dont remember, until they have arrived. :confused:
w
Where is all that coming from?

well I have been pondering on what to do for the cageing. I plan on tubing all of them for the little critters and then a line or two of electric fence for the bears. "Failure is not an option" LOL
Good deal. Unfortunately tree plantings can all too easily become very expensive deer snacks if not properly protected, at least thats what a friend told me...

I forgot to mention i have steel fence for caging for deer. the bears is what I am afraid will destroy them. I all most hit sow and 2 cubs with truck 2 days ago when I left my property. We need a longer bear season here...

Where is all that coming from?

I got the mattamuskeet apple from three creeks orchard. All the rest of the apples, and all pears except two, came from: https://www.treesofantiquity.com/ .
One of the pears came from: http://www.southmeadowfruitgardens.com/ , the other pear I had left over.
I grew the persimmon seedlings from seeds I stratified. These local trees drop delicious fruits, two months before the first frost, around mid August here. The rest come from: https://mdc.mo.gov/trees-plants/tree-seedlings/order-seedlings

Back