What do you carry into the woods?

Doe Shooter

I've been looking to lighten my load carried into the woods for years, thinning it out every year. I've narrowed it down to the following.

Permits

latex gloves

very small compass

kershaw blade trader

ratchet hand pruners

12’ nylon twine

2 led head lamps

8 oz water

napkins(tp)

gallon freezer bag to store permits etc.

multi tool

bic lighter

range finder

cell phone(basic)

What do you carry in for a morning hunt?

I suppose it depends on where you're hunting as to how much you carry. I go light. I will gladly walk back out and in to get more stuff if I'm successful.
All I carry,
License
small knife
pen light
range finder
cell phone
handful of paper towels.

range finder
bios
water
protein bar
ozonics
small bottle of scent killer
wind direction powder
headlamp

Gun or bow, water, knife, snacks, binoculars and rangefinder, wind direction indicator, headlamp, grunt call and rattling rack

I carry a lot or a little depending on the situation. I live on the property I hunt and the furthest away I am from home is 1/2 mile tops. No worry of bear attacks, dying of exposure in a desert or freezing to death in the arctic. I'm far more a danger to myself than the environment is to me.

Sometimes I just take the bow, bow hanger, cell phone, small flashlight and marking tape and that is it. I do this when I hunt after work when I'm only going to get 2 hours on stand or so. All day hunts in gun season - I tend to "move in". I have a hunting "fanny pack" so to speak and a large SOG brand backpack as well. My backpack I can put a small propane bottle and my buddy heater in it! like I said I move in!

I don't have to carry tags on my place - I don't even have to buy them......the one perk for being a landowner in IN as long as I am hunting land I own.

I carry a lot or a little depending on the situation. I live on the property I hunt and the furthest away I am from home is 1/2 mile tops. No worry of bear attacks, dying of exposure in a desert or freezing to death in the arctic. I'm far more a danger to myself than the environment is to me.

Sometimes I just take the bow, bow hanger, cell phone, small flashlight and marking tape and that is it. I do this when I hunt after work when I'm only going to get 2 hours on stand or so. All day hunts in gun season - I tend to "move in". I have a hunting "fanny pack" so to speak and a large SOG brand backpack as well. My backpack I can put a small propane bottle and my buddy heater in it! like I said I move in!

I don't have to carry tags on my place - I don't even have to buy them......the one perk for being a landowner in IN as long as I am hunting land I own.

Alright I have to admit I just laughed myself to tears thinking about the fanny pack lol. I have no reason to because I do not know what you look like but when I hear fanny pack my mind automatically goes to a big old boy no shirt on, fanny pack around his waist and belly hanging over fanny pack, with cut off jean shorts on, cut way to short. Wow my mind works in mysterious ways lol Sorry J-bird I am sure that is not what you look like when you go hunting I actually have camo fanny packs still in my closet as well, my kids use them to hold their tags and slugs during season when they hunt.

Pockets: License/tag, mini bino's, cell phone, grunt call, hand held electronic Yahtzee game.

Hands: bow, decoy (2d cardboard version)

Don't use sprays, scents, clippers, flashlights, etc. Everything is planned and taken care of previous to going out the first time. I've grown fond of simple and uncluttered.

As far as what I take to woods. Bow and quiver, small backpack with light, grunt tube, tags, ever calm stick, extra bow hangers, extra pull ropes and sometimes a bottle of water if sitting awhile.

Alright I have to admit I just laughed myself to tears thinking about the fanny pack lol. I have no reason to because I do not know what you look like but when I hear fanny pack my mind automatically goes to a big old boy no shirt on, fanny pack around his waist and belly hanging over fanny pack, with cut off jean shorts on, cut way to short. Wow my mind works in mysterious ways lol Sorry J-bird I am sure that is not what you look like when you go hunting I actually have camo fanny packs still in my closet as well, my kids use them to hold their tags and slugs during season when they hunt.

So you do know me!:D

No Blizzard.......like this. These are handy when packing light. Nice thing I like about mine is I can then wrap it around the tree and everything is right there and they are not bulky and weigh a ton.
This.jpg

Not like .......nope, not gonna do it......this is a family site!:eek:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much, and I usually carry two guns as well as my electronic predator caller.
I will often switch from deer hunting and go right into predator hunting.

Gun or bow, spare ammo for each. Can call during bow season, along with grunt tube during gun season and thats it. License is in wallet. No need for all that other mess, where ya'll hunting in the Yukon?

Gun with ammo
Binoculars
Grunt call
Knife
Mints/cough drops
Smart phone
Flashlight
Fatboy cushion

Bow, arrows in quiver
Backpack with...
Release
Rangefinder