"Weeds" and Cattle-Deer Analagies

dogghr

Having worked my share of cattle and sheep operations over the years, I still read with interest many articles pertaining to their management and often apply to deer/land management of my own property. Similarities can exist and used on your own place as you have probably gleened from my own ramblings. Since we are missing our own resident cattleman/Gallow, thot I'd share this link on weed, not the kind you smoke. Enjoy.
https://www.beefproducer.com/weeds/worst-weeds-make-cattle-gain

Makes sense. Especially when you realize that what he's talking about is exactly how the huge buffalo herds acted and why the prairies are so productive.

^^^^Sure enough. As did the smaller woodland eastern Buffalo. And Whose affect we can mimick on our land , rumor has it.:)

There is even a professor who has a ranch in zimbabwe who prescribes to this practice, and believes that the reduction of intense grazing practices has contributed to loss of vegetatve cover and is a contributing factor to climate change.

Same problems you have without timber rotation. All the nutrients get tied up in the existing trees.

There is even a professor who has a ranch in zimbabwe who prescribes to this practice, and believes that the reduction of intense grazing practices has contributed to loss of vegetatve cover and is a contributing factor to climate change.
I've watched his video's. Interesting stuff!

Back