Tractor knowledge here ?? Help

JohnL48

I need to do a bunch of work on my cabin. Foundation, drainage etc. I've been looking at mini excavators to buy but my budget is dwindling in this economy. So I already have a kubota B1550 and I've been looking for a backhoe attachment for it. It calls for a woods b65 but good luck finding one used. I've come across this which is a woods b75. My dilemma is, will it fit ? It comes with a sub frame and it was on a kubota B7800. Calls for a 20 to 50 hp tractor, mine is 16hp
Any kubota gurus here ? Can I make it work

Screenshot_20230215_184303_Facebook.jpg

I need to do a bunch of work on my cabin. Foundation, drainage etc. I've been looking at mini excavators to buy but my budget is dwindling in this economy. So I already have a kubota B1550 and I've been looking for a backhoe attachment for it. It calls for a woods b65 but good luck finding one used. I've come across this which is a woods b75. My dilemma is, will it fit ? It comes with a sub frame and it was on a kubota B7800. Calls for a 20 to 50 hp tractor, mine is 16hp
Any kubota gurus here ? Can I make it work

Screenshot_20230215_184303_Facebook.jpg
It will work if it mounts up but it may toss your tractor around since it’s designed for a heavier machine. It may be too heavy as well and put too much rear weight which will cause you to have to carry stuff around in the bucket while you are moving it around without the outriggers down...You may have to up the hydraulic pressure a bit as well. See what that hoe is set up for pressure wise and see what your tractor is rated at...

I was in a similar situation trying to find a backhoe for a 20 year old Kubota. Reach out to your local dealer. They'll likely be the best with guidance on finding the right model.

We have that backhoe on a 46HP Kubota. Not sure I'd be comfortable on something that light. Is it PTO or hydraulic driven?

I was in a similar situation trying to find a backhoe for a 20 year old Kubota. Reach out to your local dealer. They'll likely be the best with guidance on finding the right model.

We have that backhoe on a 46HP Kubota. Not sure I'd be comfortable on something that light. Is it PTO or hydraulic driven?
Hydraulic pump attaches to pto

FWIW,
I can’t answer your question but I understand your dilemma. We were renting minis a couple times a year to deal with blown out culverts/washed out roads and removing trees/stumps. When our 21/2 acre beaver dam blew out last year, I couldn’t access our fields as it cut our roads. We were forced to buy a mini last year when rentals were unavailable. It wasn’t cheap:(. Must admit I find myself looking for excuses to use it…. For example, I fired it up to dig a grave for the family cat.

FWIW,
I can’t answer your question but I understand your dilemma. We were renting minis a couple times a year to deal with blown out culverts/washed out roads and removing trees/stumps. When our 21/2 acre beaver dam blew out last year, I couldn’t access our fields as it cut our roads. We were forced to buy a mini last year when rentals were unavailable. It wasn’t cheap:(. Must admit I find myself looking for excuses to use it…. For example, I fired it up to dig a grave for the family cat.
Yeah they are expensive, the used minis I've been looking at are in the 12 to 15,000 range for the 2 ton ones. I probably have 3 to 4 seasons of solid work to do between digging for a foundation, drainage, stump removal etc. But work is really slow and there is the wife factor lol. Starting to think a backhoe on my tractor is the smart option however mine is a small kubota so I need a bh 65, 650 or 6000. Hard to find.

Yeah they are expensive, the used minis I've been looking at are in the 12 to 15,000 range for the 2 ton ones. I probably have 3 to 4 seasons of solid work to do between digging for a foundation, drainage, stump removal etc. But work is really slow and there is the wife factor lol. Starting to think a backhoe on my tractor is the smart option however mine is a small kubota so I need a bh 65, 650 or 6000. Hard to find.
I just can’t imagine a backhoe of this size being able to do much. Maybe I’m just underestimating their ability.

I know in the 4 years I have had my dozer I am still not running out of stuff to do with it on our own properties! I just moved it back here from home 10 yesterday to finally push the old rotted dozer piles from where we carved our place out of the woods in 2014. Wife wants expanded garden area and that is the best place for it! Great rich soil there from everything breaking down!

25e3f12608bb4673b3f10b39a4e2726d.jpg

I want a backhoe attachment for the Kubota I have as well and that BH 75 would be perfect for mine but way too far...good luck on your search but don’t rule out a cheap mini excavator either...if I find one reasonable it will be mine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked hard at backhoe attachments for my DK45 but could not talk myself into it. I used a larger older TLB we borrowed from a friend years ago to dig out old hardwood stumps in an area for a food plot. We cleared small planted pines that were at least 8 years old from that small plot, so I know the hardwood stumps had been rotting for at least 8 years, maybe more. It was a real chore to remove the stumps, I had to cut the roots on all 4 sides of a stump before I could pry it out with the TLB.

That experience convinced me that a backhoe attachment on my DK45 would not work well for hardwood stump removal. I kept going back to the idea, but kept talking myself out of it. Eventually, I decided to start looking at Mini-excavators. As you say, they are expensive. I was looking at machines similar to the ones you describe. I have limited mechanical skills. I tested a lot of different used mini's. I could not convince myself that anything in that price range was in good enough condition that it would not be in the shop a lot for repair. I figured I would be paying as much or more for fixing it than I would buying a more expensive machine in better condition.

It took me a long time to save up enough, but eventually I bought a JD 35G with a long arm and about 1,000 hours on it. It is a 3.5 ton unit. It pushes the limit for my 10K trailer when you add the long-arm, counter weight, and buckets. It quickly became apparent that my old 1998 Ford F150 was not up to the task. It struggled hauling my DK45 with equipment. I ended up getting an old Chevy diesel to haul it which increased my investment.

I will say, there are advantages and disadvantages of a mini-excavator for habitat work. On the plus side, it is a real advantage to move it quickly around the small area of a work site. Mine had a hydraulic thumb which I love for habitat work. Mine has 3 way angle blade which works well for pushing dirt back in the hole after removing a stump. With the thumb, you can pick up a stump and drop it to get most of the soil to fall off too.

The biggest down side I see is the transport time in the field. It is very slow. With a tractor, I take it to the work site each day and return it to the barn. With the mini, I take it to the work site and leave it until I'm done. That means I need someone to pick me up from the work site the first day and then take me back out the last day unless I want to walk it.

It was a large investment, but my plan is to use it for a few years and then sell it. I understand used ones seem to hold their value pretty well if kept in reasonable condition.

Everyone is telling me to get rid of to get rid of the place instead of working on it. Apparently they think I'm old

20210321_132838.jpg

20230306_135642_copy_1024x768.jpg

20230306_120446_copy_1024x768.jpg

Well I found a BH7500 backhoe attachment online for $3,500.00 and decided to go for it. Next size bigger than what my tractor calls for but it has a strong sub frame and will work fine with some front wheel weights. It was pretty much plug and play

20230306_155925_copy_1024x768.jpg

20230306_160020_copy_1024x768.jpg

Back