The Perfect Habitat Property!

lak...This is one cool thread! I've been so lax for the past few weeks trying to find the time to catch up on a bunch of threads. I thought life would slow down a bit at 60 but it's simply beyond wide open. Seems I have so little time to check in and keep up with all that's going on. Certainly better than the alternative! So many great property threads from so many on here. I enjoy them all and particularly the mountainous and upstate threads. Prolly because they are so different that what I'm accustomed to at my own place. Thx for a great thread and I feel honored that you chose my place in a couple of spots!

I'm slowing collecting photos and data from here to do just this. I have used so much info that i have learned here but what to make sure when i finally get a piece that is mine i can build it up right. I just spent 18hrs in a car driving to Tennessee and back to Florida and spent most of my time catching up on property tours that i follow and haven't had time to read all the updates.

Here we thought we had almost described the Perfect Habitat Property.......and we have not said anything about hog hunting, tracking dogs, fire pits, snakes, skinning poles, prescribed burning, drinking beer, backstraps, mud ruts, logging, and tales of the one that got away!

Last edited:
Nor have we said anything about preserving and building soil and helping all of us to appreciate it and understand it. Anybody got any ideas for that one?

Here we thought we had almost described the Perfect Habitat Property.......and we have not said anything about hog hunting, tracking dogs, fire pits, snakes, skinning poles, prescribed burning, drinking beer, backstraps, mud ruts, logging, and tales of the one that got away!

I'll throw in the hogs...
pigs.JPG

300 plus pounder I thought was a bear coming into the field. Bad, bad boar!
Hogzilla.jpg

I can get in on that hog deal too...1 from our 80...

ac49356656bdceccb8260bd263d50507.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently I was listening to a local Classic Country radio station and heard an old favorite by David Allen Coe "You Never Even Called Me By My Name”. I’m sure you remember that the song writer thought he had written the perfect country western song. But some subjects were left out like trains, momma, prison and getting drunk.

Well, I started thinking, what would be “The Perfect Habitat Property”? Then I realized all I had to do was look to the Deer Hunter Forum for the true ingredients. So here is what I found. Feel free to agree, disagree, add to and expound.

The Perfect Habitat Property would have an entrance like Triple C farms:

gA7YJA3.jpg

And the day would be started with an AC southern breakfast:

iSSFzvb.jpg

We would look to Native Hunter to preserve old barns, provide vegetation diversity, and grow the best pears around

411SDJW.jpg

3pUWmyF.jpg

Club work day would be organized by OkieKubota (fine-tuned equipment optional, I mean, why use a drag harrow when a tree limb works just as well?)

eznWCvz.jpg

Catscratch will handle any and all Throw and Mow food plots, along with testing seed from the grocery store.

jxCv7LE.jpg

The property will need a great diversity of trees, so nut collection, seed distribution and radicle analysis will be the right job for wbpdeer and grandsons.

79WViG4.jpg

His new greenhouse will be a great addition to our Perfect Property.

jYcU27k.jpg

Brushpile takes over once those seedlings are ready for planting. Brush is hoping to work with Al Gore and conjure up more rainfall in the future.

6Jeed1x.jpg

Dogdoc and The, LLC will find non productive trees and graft special varieties of persimmon, pear, apple and pecan. And all TSI, hinge cutting and feathering will be supervised by none other than Chainsaw!

ACOVb8U.jpg
That work day deal was a really light day...so light it was like a day that I slept all day and never went outside (never happen) lol

Johnny and me got the hog part covered!
lak...Interesting enough, the following weekend I didn't see a single pig on the property. Those babies are like nomads. That is the largest bunch of pigs ever on camera. My guess is they came from my neighbors place and grazed in my plot and then went back home. He sold hog hunts for years on his place and at one time, fed them every day. I'm eliminating supplemental feeding this year so I don't attract the darn things.

I'll toss in some help on the burning. A little more from this past weekend.
135397084bd101da5e4cc6091c4bd70a.jpg

46e44b2fc21564bf7ae60523e90826b4.jpg

And I'm all about some fishing for the young ones and the ones that are young at heart.

4fd529d7248c4419aa719220e999d047.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

Man, how are we going to afford this place?
Not a problem, our future ex spouses will understand.
And of course we all know/ or maybe just me, that any well balanced habitat must have a few predators for equilibrium and hunting. And makes walk in dark so much more exciting.
RCNX0002B.jpg

RCNX0004B.jpg

And who doesn't want to watch a few winter deer and a fire in the sky sunset. Perfect.

PICT0520B.jpg

Back