Talk about Procrastination!

Nice work on the last day. Not sure how close I was to you but I poked my head around the Kay county area 10 or so days ago. Never found much sign so didn't buy a license and moved on up to Nebraska.

Thanks everyone... my heart wasn’t really into it because of the late date. Normally our turkey season begins on April 6th and ends May 6th but this year they moved it 10 days further out on opening and closing so it was still the same month long season...just later. They said it was because our numbers are so far in the toilet that they thought more might be fertilized. I was wearing some old Army BDU’s because I was just going to a blind but I never made it. The hunt unfolded just like the video shows. I figured I would never pull it off being on the ground with no face mask and that old white beard just a shining!

Congrats,I am seeing quite a few longbeards here in Kansas.Need to get my daughter back out.Last time had a couple guys from Ohio that were hunting neighbors and ended up trespassing on me and even messed with one of my cameras.They were also in the woods at 11pm,don't know what for.

Congrats,I am seeing quite a few longbeards here in Kansas.Need to get my daughter back out.Last time had a couple guys from Ohio that were hunting neighbors and ended up trespassing on me and even messed with one of my cameras.They were also in the woods at 11pm,don't know what for.
I hope you get to the bottom of the trespasser issue! I just talked to a member of our deer lease that may be going away and he said he never even heard a turkey all season...that is pretty much unheard of down there but it happened this year.

Season ended here last night,we got lucky and I called one in for my oldest daughter night before last,we were out of the truck for 15 minutes total.Last night called one in for youngest daughter.I almost got them back close enough for mine but they were alittle uneasy after missing a their buddy.When i was trying to call them back a mature tom bred a hen then stood on her back for probably 5 minutes then jumped off.This hunt took an hour.I would rather be lucky than good.

Back