Synthetic lures

Hey everyone, haven’t posted on here in a bit but still reading along.
I found a new spot 4 days ago that had a scrape line running east and west along a brook. There was one of the largest tracks I think I’ve ever seen in the scrapes, so I got excited and stuck up a camera to
See if I can catch a glimpse of him.
I had a can of tinks synthetic doe urine (not allowed to use the real stuff here) in my bag and thought I’d spruce things up and gave it one spray.
Anyhow , there hasn’t been a deer come by there in 4 days.
Is it possible the synthetic urine drove them off?

Sent from my iPhone using Deer Hunter Forum

We can’t use real urine in Tennessee as of last year. I bought my first synthetic this year and so far, I have had pretty good success with it. I bought buck urine and forehead gland to make scrapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Native on this one. We can speculate all day long but you are never going to know for sure. Another thing to consider is what a deer does on my place regarding synthetic lures is not the same as one across the county or sometimes across the road. Why do some like turnips and other don't ? Why is it that my deer can't tolerate turkeys but at the farm on the other side of town the mingle with them daily ? I don't know. I can't get close enough to one to ask. All you can do is experiment and see the reactions yourself (or camera). That's the fun of it anyway.

Several reasons why a buck didn’t refresh a scrape, among them being: He smelled your scent and avoided it, bucks abandon scrapes after most does go into estrus, that particular buck is locked down with a doe, or has left the area. Can’t prove a negative, so I’d just leave it up and see what happens.

Back