Streaming Device used for Wildlife

Nice of ya to turn the antenna for the kid, and good you know the neighbors well enough to do that. 3/4 mile is a stretch!

Do you get notifications when something steps in front of the camera, or do you randomly click on the app to see if something there?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is really cool. So has the setup helped with your hunting success? Also how do you monitor it? Mostly via your phone or iPad?
I have the app on both my phone and tablet. For convenience I mostly use my phone. As for increased hunting success I wouldn't say it has done much. I mainly set it up for turkeys that frequent that field a lot. I just enjoy watching the deer when I'm not home especially during the rut. One minute you see a doe. The next a buck chasing.

Nice of ya to turn the antenna for the kid, and good you know the neighbors well enough to do that. 3/4 mile is a stretch!

Do you get notifications when something steps in front of the camera, or do you randomly click on the app to see if something there?

I randomly just log onto the camera most of the time. You can have it send push notifications when something triggers it. But I found it kept waking me up at night. Both of my cameras have 64gb mini sd cards in them that the camera records to that allows me to go back and look through them if I feel like I missed something.

What kind of trigger range (real distance), could this be used as a plotwatcher? Besides loosing sleep, did work productively suffer? :)

What kind of trigger range (real distance), could this be used as a plotwatcher? Besides loosing sleep, did work productively suffer? :)

That's a good question. I've never tested the range of the trigger. As for nighttime infrared viewing I'd say 50ft is sufficient. And yes I might watch it too often while I'm at work

Not to hijack but I’ve been thinking of using that same setup to watch my cabin but I don’t have wifi. I do have cell signal, my cell cams work fine. Any opinion on that scenario?

Not to hijack but I’ve been thinking of using that same setup to watch my cabin but I don’t have wifi. I do have cell signal, my cell cams work fine. Any opinion on that scenario?
That particular brand has a 4G cellular model as well. They're a little more expensive (maybe $250). That brand is Reolink and the model is an Argus 2. Really easy app to use along with installation. I really like them, other than the wire running from the solar panel they are truly wireless. Allows for setup in about any location. They stick out like a sore thumb but a little tape and some rattle can paint and I'm sure that can be fixed.

That particular brand has a 4G cellular model as well. They're a little more expensive (maybe $250). That brand is Reolink and the model is an Argus 2. Really easy app to use along with installation. I really like them, other than the wire running from the solar panel they are truly wireless. Allows for setup in about any location. They stick out like a sore thumb but a little tape and some rattle can paint and I'm sure that can be fixed.

Thank you! And then do you pay a monthly fee like a cell camera?

It's a Reolink Argus 2 with the solar panel. Other than the cable running from the solar panel to the camera it is 100% wire free. I've never had an issue with low battery with the solar panel. Easiest to setup by far.
Damn it PineSap, I ordered one just like what you have. I didn't get a directional antenna (yet), going to see what I can get away with on the router I already have. Hope to have it up and running soon. I'll let you know if I get fired for watching it too much.

Damn it PineSap, I ordered one just like what you have. I didn't get a directional antenna (yet), going to see what I can get away with on the router I already have. Hope to have it up and running soon. I'll let you know if I get fired for watching it too much.
The range is pretty impressive. It's fun to watch

Any luck setting up the camera?

Any luck setting up the camera?
I walked it out of the house until I lost wifi signal, then set it on a log looking at a plot 30yds away, and didn't get any notifications over the course of a couple of days. The trigger range wasn't far enough for what I could work with. I took it back to the yard and set it by a birdfeeder. Lots of triggers and good footage. I need longer wifi signal!

I'm currently researching long range wifi antennas. The one you recommended is coming up quite a bit. Would you buy it again? Or is there something you would rather have now that you've had it a while?

I like the one I have. No complaints for what I need. I'm sure there are better ones out there. But for the money I have been pleased

I like the one I have. No complaints for what I need. I'm sure there are better ones out there. But for the money I have been pleased
The one's I've found on Amazon do not come with any cat6. Does it need cable, or can it pick up signal over the air and send it?

The one I have is power over ethernet (poe). I bought 100ft of cable from Amazon as well for less than $20 I think. I know they make wireless repeaters as well that will probably work for you

I just ordered the; TP-Link Long Range Transmitter, 50' of cat6, and a mini-sd card. Should have it up and running in a couple of weeks. Need to dig a hole and set a post while waiting on shipping. Very excited for this system!

Did I mention I left the camera in the living room for a couple of days? The kids had a blast screwing with me.

Back