Sprayer calibration

j-bird

I hope this works. I had a memebr (who I will not name) ask me my spraying conditions based on my tractor. It has little to do with the tractor so I thought I would find an easy "calculator" and post it here.

Keep in mind there are 128 oz in a gallon - you will need this to convert your spray tip data possibly from gpm to ounces per minute for this calculator.

Now also keep in mind most chemicals will tell you to apply "X" quarts or the like per acre based on the crop or weed you are trying to spray. The chemical doesn't care if you use 10 gallons or 100 gallons of water to carry that chemical. This calculator is going to tell you how much total fluid your spraying is depositing on an acre based on the data you put in.

If you don't know what your nozzles flow - simply put some water in your tank and measure the amount of water that comes from jut one of them and the amount of time it takes and you can calculate the rate as well. This is impacted by your operating pressure so make sure you remember or write down the different conditions as well because it will impact your flow rate to some extent.

https://www.gcsaa.org/solutions/boom-sprayer-calibration

That mathematical method does not take into account many things like the actual output of nozzles or actual travel speed. Easier to do the 128th Acre sprayer calibration method. While this is not my video, it hits everything necessary.

Good thread and thanks J- bird. I was the one asking so no need to hide my name. Can this thread be a sticky at the top?

Back