Persimmon Trees, how to tell if they will Fruit or Not?

Deadeye

I didn't what to Highjack the other Thread, so started this one for possibly some answers.
I have found MANY Persimmon Trees on my Lease, but only a few- very few- have any evidence of Fruit.

Is there a Year Range or Height Range they need to attain before Fruiting happens?

I have heard that there is both Male and Female Trees. How do you tell the difference and which one Fruits (I would assume the Female does).

Does the amount of Rainfall during the Summer have an effect?

When do they tend to Drop their Fruit (NW Florida Panhandle)? Wondering if the trees I've found have already dropped, hense making me think they were/are Fruitless?

We have found Single Trees, 2-3 Trees in Groups, and Several Trees within a 50-60 yard area. Tree Height range from 2-3 ft to 8-12 ft to 20-30+ ft.

Any info you can share would be helpful.

I am in SW AR. Persimmons just getting ripe here. Three to four inch diameter seem average size for starting to fruit - 20 plus feet tall. Over 90% of mine dont ever fruit - and I assume those to be males

I didn't what to Highjack the other Thread, so started this one for possibly some answers.
I have found MANY Persimmon Trees on my Lease, but only a few- very few- have any evidence of Fruit.

Is there a Year Range or Height Range they need to attain before Fruiting happens?

I have heard that there is both Male and Female Trees. How do you tell the difference and which one Fruits (I would assume the Female does).

Does the amount of Rainfall during the Summer have an effect?

When do they tend to Drop their Fruit (NW Florida Panhandle)? Wondering if the trees I've found have already dropped, hense making me think they were/are Fruitless?

We have found Single Trees, 2-3 Trees in Groups, and Several Trees within a 50-60 yard area. Tree Height range from 2-3 ft to 8-12 ft to 20-30+ ft.

Any info you can share would be helpful.

goggle up "sex among the persimmons" by lindsay thomas

answers all your questions

bill

Back