Persimmon Orchard

Bottomland

I have a skinny 1/2 acre field on my property that I converted into a persimmon orchard when we bought the land. My grandfather helped me plant all the persimmon trees there and he's now passed, so its a special spot to me. There are about 24 trees and I know that one day soon it will be a killer spot to hunt. I got the trees from Mossy Oak Nativ Nurseries, and they have thrived there. They are going on 5 years now, and I am looking to start grafting a few known females onto some of them. This will be a multi-year process, and I'm only starting with a few at a time since I do not know which trees are male and female yet.

Do you any of you know where I might seek out or get some native persimmon scions with unique traits (early or late drop, heavy drop, etc etc) or maybe ya'll have some that you are willing to share? I want the end result to be a food source which will be attractive from late summer to as late in fall/winter as possible.

PM me your address. I'll send you a few scions from a heavy producing tree that has a drop time starting in November through december.
Todd

Ive got a couple varieties you might be interested in grafting. PM your address and i will get a few out to you.

Thank ya'll. I really appreciate your generosity! It will be cool to have a small part of ya'll on my place.

My pleasure bottomland. Others have been very generous to me on this site, and i know you will do the same for someone else when you can.

Back