Pallet Mice Barrier

BoneCrusher20

Looking for some ideas on how to keep mice from eating through bags of rye, buckwheat, soybeans or whatever. I usually order somewhat in bulk and then seed is stored at our farm where i am not there all the time, so had few times where i've had stuff on pallet and come back to chewed through bags of seed for spring/fall planting.

Thought of buying barrels, but then trying to get those 50 lb sacks out of those is always a chore and need lot of barrels for all those bags, as putting square bags in circle container not ideal. prefer to keep everything on pallet or two so can move around as needed. suggestions? yes of course have mouse-traps but pole shed next to hay field always new visitors.

Have you looked at buying a 20ft container? I think I’m going to go that route pretty soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I get plastic 55 gallon drums for free and cut off the top, lay a piece of plywood laid on the top. Mostly what I store is leftovers and small seeds like brassica and clover which don't take up a lot of room. If I was storing oats and rye I'd get a plastic tote on a pallet, if I keep my eyes open I can sometimes get those for free. There's no way to keep the mice at bay with poison in a building that's not mouse proof, the more poison you feed them the faster they keep coming.

Have you looked at buying a 20ft container? I think I’m going to go that route pretty soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had one of these on the place I sold. It was absolutely mouse proof. My post about the cats was only half joke, when we had the dairy we also had a half dozen cats at any one time to keep the mice and rats under control.

Back