Not surprising

Not surprising in that the Wolf Loving Researchers came to a conclusion they wanted...or not surprising that you believe what they report and it doesn't surprise you?

DNR will say they filtered into Wisconsin from Minnesota and Michigan. I don't tend to believe they were transplanted by people so I guess I believe that.

I was born in Jackson County, WI which is my second home. I'm amazed to see that 60 Elk have been introduced! It doesn't make sense to introduce Elk and protect wolves???

Wolves!!!! That is one of my favorite topics here in the South. I feel for all of you up North and the relationship y'all have to have with these animals.

But here in the South it's a different kind of topic. Believe it or not people in my parts believe whole heartedly that the federal government has released wolves into our area to combat the wild hog problem we're facing.

This subject is almost always brought up when talking to local hunters about how their season is going. The typical response from most; "Well between the Coon Asses and wolves I haven't seen crap". I'll leave the hate others have for out of state hunters for another time.

People around are convinced that the reason behind the falling deer numbers isn't because of over harvesting but because wolves are killing all the deer. My argument is simple.

Question
1. So these wolves kill wild deer only? Since no one has reported any of their livestock being killed by wild animals.

2. As many trail cameras that people have out why has no one got a picture of one?

3. As many hunters we have how is it no one has had an encounter with one? (other than the person claiming they've seen one running a deer about 500 yards off, it's never close...lol)

4. As proud as our federal government is at patting themselves on the back why haven't they taken credit for reintroducing wolves back into an area where they are now extinct?

5. So you believe wolves are responsible for the decline in deer sightings? Not that people are over harvesting due to the fact we are on an honor system when it comes to bag limits. Not the fact that people claim to be on a management program where they read the first sentence of QDMA idea of to grow bigger deer you need to shoot does and failed to read the remaining 18 pages that encompasses what true deer management is about. Not the fact that you are still pouring out your same pile of corn in the same run down spot where others are creating deer habitat to hold more deer on their place?

I could go on forever about this......but I won't.

Wolves....enough said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wolves!!!! That is one of my favorite topics here in the South. I feel for all of you up North and the relationship y'all have to have with these animals.

But here in the South it's a different kind of topic. Believe it or not people in my parts believe who heartedly that the federal government has released wolves into our area to combat the wild hog problem we're facing.

This subject is almost always brought up when talking to local hunters about how their season is going. The typical response from most; "Well between the Coon Asses and wolves I haven't seen crap". I'll leave the hate others have for out of state hunters for another time.

People around are convinced that the reason behind the falling deer numbers isn't because of over harvesting but because wolves are killing all the deer. My argument is simple.

Question
1. So these wolves kill wild deer only? Since no one has reported any of their livestock being killed by wild animals.

2. As many trail cameras that people have out why has no one got a picture of one?

3. As many hunters we have how is it no one has had an encounter with one? (other than the person claiming they've seen one running a deer about 500 yards off, it's never close...lol)

4. As proud as our federal government is at patting themselves on the back why haven't they taken credit for reintroducing wolves back into an area where they are now extinct?

5. So you believe wolves are responsible for the decline in deer sightings? Not that people are over harvesting due to the fact we are on an honor system when it comes to bag limits. Not the fact that people claim to be on a management program where they read the first sentence of QDMA idea of to grow bigger deer you need to shoot does and failed to read the remaining 18 pages that encompasses what true deer management is about. Not the fact that you are still pouring out your same pile of corn in the same run down spot where others are creating deer habitat to hold more deer on their place?

I could go on forever about this......but I won't.

Wolves....enough said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Here in Oklahoma we have no wolves and we don't say we do have them...I find it odd that South Carolina folks think they do have them. We have black bears, wild hogs, and coyotes and the very occasional mountain lion but we have no wolves...

I bet they were transplanted in Wisc,Minn why else would they put trackers on them and make it where they can kill livestock and you can't do anything about it.I have a local dairy guy that moved his dairy here about 10 years ago and wolves were a big part of that he said.

I have not heard anyone in SC say we have wolves though the we a generous coyote population. We also have a generous wild dog population.

Back