New member from Wisconsin (La Crosse)

Hello,
I just joined the Forum and look forward to reading your thoughts and your stories.
I'm 68 years old and took up deer hunting as a new hobby as I am now semi-retired. I bought a 20-acre property about 7 years ago which was planted in trees about 20-30 years ago- mostly walnut, trimmed up to be eventually veneer wood in another 30 years. I built two elevated blinds- one last year and one this year. I shot a 5-point buck out of one of them in mid-September with a crossbow. Also, got a road-kill. I was sitting in the blind and heard a screech of tires and a bump on the road that runs along side my property. The driver didn't want the spike buck, so the Highway Patrolman told me to take it if I wanted. I look forward to getting a doe or two yet in December or January. I will have some questions as time goes. I appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Chuck

Hello,
I just joined the Forum and look forward to reading your thoughts and your stories.
I'm 68 years old and took up deer hunting as a new hobby as I am now semi-retired. I bought a 20-acre property about 7 years ago which was planted in trees about 20-30 years ago- mostly walnut, trimmed up to be eventually veneer wood in another 30 years. I built two elevated blinds- one last year and one this year. I shot a 5-point buck out of one of them in mid-September with a crossbow. Also, got a road-kill. I was sitting in the blind and heard a screech of tires and a bump on the road that runs along side my property. The driver didn't want the spike buck, so the Highway Patrolman told me to take it if I wanted. I look forward to getting a doe or two yet in December or January. I will have some questions as time goes. I appreciate any advice or suggestions.
Chuck
Welcome to deer country. We appreciate your input.

Back