"Handmade Knives" Show us your Custom Knife

Olive wood,. The carvings are of a Celtic knot. Beautiful isn’t it? The addition of the hole for a secure fitting thong was a great touch IMHO.

These are two of my formerly best deer butchering knives, they started life out as high quality 7" blades. Now I've had them for so long they almost seem like members of the family. My question is, when is a knife worn out, and do I just throw them away, or do I have a little ceremony, like disposing an American flag?
e6dc602a8b4cf30f73dd0904ce99e264.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I vote for a little ceremony with blood involved

Pictured is my grandsons first design knife he is building all on his own. He layed it out by pencil freehand and ground and filed down the outline. New he needs to heat treat it next. He really seems to be enjoying himself.IMG_4779.jpeg

Pictured is my grandsons first design knife he is building all on his own. He layed it out by pencil freehand and ground and filed down the outline. New he needs to heat treat it next. He really seems to be enjoying himself.View attachment 25992
Very cool! Keep post pics, a build thread sort of thing. I'd like to see his step by step.

Back