Conservation Activity Plan 106 - Forest Management Plan

BenAllgood

Has anyone gone through the EQIP CAP-FM plan on their property? The list of practices below looks pretty good. I was just wondering how the process went for someone that went through it already.

Access Control (472)
Alley Cropping (311)
Brush Management (314)
Firebreak (394)
Forest Stand Improvement (666)
Forest Trails and Landings (655)
Fuel Break (383)
Herbaceous Weed Treatment (315)
Multi-Story Cropping (379)
Riparian Forest Buffer (391)
Road/Trail/Landing Closure and Treatment (654)
Silvopasture Establishment (381)
Tree/Shrub Establishment (612)
Tree/Shrub Pruning (660)
Tree/Shrub Site Preparation (490)
Windbreak/Shelterbelt Establishment (380)
Windbreak/Shelterbelt Renovation (650)
Woody Residue Treatment (384)

I put in an application last year. It somehow got misplaced, and the rep for Morgantown called me a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I have spoke with the timber management rep and will meet with a biologist in September for a property evaluation. Since my Ap was misplaced, I won't get on the list until October when their fiscal year starts again.

I put in an application last year. It somehow got misplaced, and the rep for Morgantown called me a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I have spoke with the timber management rep and will meet with a biologist in September for a property evaluation. Since my Ap was misplaced, I won't get on the list until October when their fiscal year starts again.
I got my pre-approval letter in the mail. I'm waiting for the official funding now. Just looking at the different practices gives me some ideas I hadn't thought of before.

I have just completed a cap 106 project. The funding was for three things, a forest management plan, forest thinning for warbler habitat, and invasive species control. This entire process from the first phone call to the final check was at least three years, so nothing happens fast here. A huge factor with this whole process that I was able to determine through talking to other people that did it is, how well the local NRCS department functions and handles the necessary paperwork, and how competent their people are. And beware, there's lots of paperwork. The NRCS division in the county that my project was in has several very motivated people who know what they are doing and get it done.

Back