Ages?

catscratch

Another "how do you think they are?" thread.
And before you guess you should that I don't have the actual answers. They are just deer that have been coming through recently. Curious as to what you think...
4b2a3684c410cb1c19eed7207083331b.jpg
5786e40f4b0a3edb7d2f4459be3424ec.jpg
fb10ec3b6d5a8a3a53cd689039de981e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If those ages ^^^ are close then they are definitely older than what we were seeing a couple of yrs ago. If they are 4.5 to 5.5 then I'm a little disappointed in antler size. We just broke a 4yr drought, I wonder if that has affected these buck's antlers.?. We had a lot of regularly timed rain this yr with a ton of vegetative growth as well as mast production (both have been lacking for several yrs). I'm wondering how long it takes nutritionally to recover from an extended dry spell?

Agree with the ages and think you may see better horn next year with good conditions. Previous year conditions I think have as much or more to do with horn than current year.

Agree with the ages and think you may see better horn next year with good conditions. Previous year conditions I think have as much or more to do with horn than current year.
I hope so. Getting lots of pics of deer like this that look mature but don't have the antlers that they should.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back