2020 Is going to be a poor acorn year in NE Oklahoma.

OkieKubota

Staff member
As if everything else the world has been going through with this idiotic shutdown we have had Many, Many days this year in the 70’s, 80’s, and even 90’s so far. Fruit set early and oaks are now into pollination and most all trees are leaves out...last night we had strong north winds and clear skies after a major thunderstorm came through and it was 29 degrees, tonight will be 30 and tomorrow night will be clear, still, and 27... our area of the state is called “Green Country” but I am afraid we are getting ready to go right back into brown mode...looks like plots will be a big draw this year!

I'm surprised by trees sometimes okie. Last year we had hard freezes late spring and it turned out to be the best fruit year I've ever had, but zero Sawtooth production (which never happens). They have a mind of their own. I hope for your hunting that you end up getting a good crop of acorns this year. I know you've said many times over that bumper acorn crops lead to big antlers.

I'm surprised by trees sometimes okie. Last year we had hard freezes late spring and it turned out to be the best fruit year I've ever had, but zero Sawtooth production (which never happens). They have a mind of their own. I hope for your hunting that you end up getting a good crop of acorns this year. I know you've said many times over that bumper acorn crops lead to big antlers.
It’s been my experience but any antler boost would be next year...this past fall we had a great acorn crop and lots of soil moisture so I suspect big racks this fall. We also had no sawtooth acorns last year. I have been out and the leaves are already wilting from the cold. My clover is looking great but usage by deer is minimal as they are on tree buds and new spring growth at this time...

Back