When to disc clover plot

whenever your ready to plant your fall mix. Sounds basic but doesn't pay to disc it and leave it open so weeds can grow. You'll want to disc and then seed it as soon as you can. Preferably before a light/med rain. In northern Wi I will start discing and planting sometime in next 2 week and then on through August (prefer to stop by 2nd week if its in northern Wi). If your going to use fertilizer make sure to disc it in when your going to disc the plot as well. Good luck with your plots this year. What are you going to plant?

whenever your ready to plant your fall mix. Sounds basic but doesn't pay to disc it and leave it open so weeds can grow. You'll want to disc and then seed it as soon as you can. Preferably before a light/med rain. In northern Wi I will start discing and planting sometime in next 2 week and then on through August (prefer to stop by 2nd week if its in northern Wi). If your going to use fertilizer make sure to disc it in when your going to disc the plot as well. Good luck with your plots this year. What are you going to plant?
Trophy oats and winter peas

What type of clover did you plant? I assume it has already gone to seed? Depending on the type of clover, if you were to lightly disc (1"), when you broadcast your larger seeds, you'll get some free clover. I like free.

What type of clover did you plant? I assume it has already gone to seed? Depending on the type of clover, if you were to lightly disc (1"), when you broadcast your larger seeds, you'll get some free clover. I like free.
Ladino and medium red

I don't understand why you would want to get rid of your clover? :)<)
He's interseeding oats and peas into the clover, not getting rid of it per se. Oats and peas will last into the winter, clover fizzles before Thanksgiving. Then next spring he's got a clover plot all ready to go if he wants one.

I will just add, that you might want to consider making a mix of wheat (or cereal rye) and oats in there. Just guessing that your oats may freeze out in Ohio, but wheat will continue thru into 2018 and help your clover.

I will just add, that you might want to consider making a mix of wheat (or cereal rye) and oats in there. Just guessing that your oats may freeze out in Ohio, but wheat will continue thru into 2018 and help your clover.
Actually I did order some winter rye to mix in with it I have better luck with the winter rye over wheat.

Back