Shipping restrictions

Slagiatt

So i live in washington state. I tried to order trees from the arbor day foundation. 4 types of apple, plum, chinese chestnuts, washington hawthorne... it got flagges as not being allowed to ship any of them to me due to whatever laws, usda regs. I know washington has laws about american chestnut, but apple trees and washington hawthorne? Anybody else deal with this?

You can not import fruit trees for the most part into WA, OR and CA. Too much concern of importing a pest or disease into the one of the countries primary fruit growing regions. As buckdeer said unfortunately alot of their trees especially those associated with a membership promotion are grown on site in their greenhouses and are very tiny trees. The fruit trees are subbed out to misc nurseries.

So i live in washington state. I tried to order trees from the arbor day foundation. 4 types of apple, plum, chinese chestnuts, washington hawthorne... it got flagges as not being allowed to ship any of them to me due to whatever laws, usda regs. I know washington has laws about american chestnut, but apple trees and washington hawthorne? Anybody else deal with this?

Your probably better off looking at some place like burnt ridge nurseries

Your probably better off looking at some place like burnt ridge nurseries
I checked out their website. They have quite a bit of good stuff that id love to plant. Rather than get buried in their website on my phone i just ordered a catalog. I have a pasture of about 1 acre or so that i want to plant with various food producing trees and shrubs, and looks like i can get it all done through them. Thanks for the tip.

Back