Pyrodex Pellets v. 777 Pellets

Elkaddict

I finally got around to checking my my Knight Disc Rifle to ensure it's still on (I don't like unnecessary gunshots on the property this once the season starts). After confirming my sight in (3" high with 250g Barnes copper bullets and 3 Pryodex pellets), I tried 3 777 pellets to see if the point of impact would change. Happily, the point of impact was within an inch of the center of my group. I've chronographed the Pyrodex load a couple years ago at 2235fps. The 777 reportedly is a little hotter. Has anyone actually chronographed the 777 pellets? How did it compare velocity wise. If you've shot both, which do you prefer and why? I bought the 777 because at times, its easier to find than the Pryrodex.

I thought that I was the only one that shot the Knight Disc Rifle anymore. I love mine.You must have had that one for a long time. Can't help you on the chronograph but I shoot the Pyrodex powder in mine. Have you chronographed powder versus pellets? If so any difference?

No, since jumping into the MZ game, I always shot pellets. I've never shot the newer Knights, but the 3 disc rifles I shot would all shoot into 1.5" with Barnes bullets. It seemed ever most other bullets, particularly those with looser fitting sabots shot in the 3"-4" range. What is your load of choice?

I'm using the Knight 260 grain sabot bullet. They are the lead one that are copper coated which If I remember correctly Barnes made for them. Knight doesn't handle them anymore and a couple years ago I found six packages (20 count) online and bought them all so I should be good till the end of my hunting days. I don't remember how many grains I'm shooting but it is close to 150. I have shot many a groups that the bullet holes are overlapping each other with them at 100 yards and that's why I bought all I could find.

I have only shot the pyrodex pellets so I not much help here.

I have a Knight Disc Extreme that I bought at the factory in Centerville IA back when Jim Shockey was tell us it was the only muzzleloader to use. I have thought about buying the conversion kit just in case they ever stopped making the discs, anybody tried it?

E 308 When I bought the bullets above I also bought a 100 pack of the discs. I have the original disc ML but never have tried the conversion. As long as I can still buy the discs I'll never convert it but may start looking again for the bullets and discs as I am going to pass it down to one of my kids when I can't hunt anymore so at least they can still shoot it. Both of them have taken deer with it as well.

Back