Perennial clover plot

Bowtech64

Planted clover (ladino) last fall and now have a great stand of perennial clover. I was wondering if I could broadcast a grain(wheat or rye) into clover and let it go until next year. I then would mow. Is this the standard with perennial clover? Thanks for any replies.

Reactions: JFH
Planted clover (ladino) last fall and now have a great stand of perennial clover. I was wondering if I could broadcast a grain(wheat or rye) into clover and let it go until next year. I then would mow. Is this the standard with perennial clover? Thanks for any replies.

Yes.

Not a problem, but will need some good soaking rains to germinate since the grain isn't being drilled in.

Not sure where you are at but in Northern Michigan (USDA zone 4/5) I usually add rye in early September.

Sent from my iPad using Deer Hunter Forum

Yea try to spread when clover is burned down by heat/dry which is for me would be mid Aug. You can also do same spreading brassica at this time into it.. It has chance to succeed then and start growth before clover bounces back in Sept. I do the grain each year in all my perennial.

Back